Pleasing Delis

I'd agree with the others. You don't really need to go there for anything. In fact, the only useful thing to do there besides the herbs, is if you saved the empire soldiers from the slimes then you go there and talk to the priest lady in the bar and get a rep increase. Other than that, I would say you should kill everyone in there to gain the exp, and sell everything you scanvenge that you don't want.

If this is Avernum 3, not Exile 3, then Delis will never become friendly after you steal the herbs from them. Just make sure that you have done everything you could possibly want to do there before stealing the herbs. I have not played in a while, so I am not sure if there is anything useful besides what has already been mentioned.

I do not think you had any trouble moving past the guards and the high priest in the inn and leaving the town, but in case you did, there is a bug in the game that allows to leave the way you came into the room. If you have one of your non-leading characters in the room to see the interior, and then the leading character next to the wall and adjacent to the box, you can search the box to steal the herbs. The secret passage will close, but since the leading character is outside, he can continue moving, and the game will place the 'trapped' character back in line. You would be free!

Quote:
Originally written by ARRR-enax:
Did anyone else think of something definitely not PG-13 at the sight of this thread's title?
lol

On subject: I found that raiding Delis was fairly easy early on, I just stayed in the inn rooms where only a few guards could reach me at a time (I only use a Mage and Priest) and just kill them with melee attacks (Magic would of taken a long time with guards)

Leave it until you've done at least two plagues then buff up and kill everything. Conjure/summon as many mercs/meat shields, as you can, and kill! kill! kill! (Did I say that out loud?) laugh

The summoned help is indiscriminate, btw - mine killed two cows in a pen, before they started on the guards!