Exile 3 Troglos/Elhioc chamber door OTVDM bug?

jrrockefeller92

Hi all,

I'm playing Exile 3 on a Windows 10 PC using the OTVDM fix and so far the experience has been great until now.

I'm under the Troglo castle about to confront Elhioc and I've successfully configured his "wall machine" to allow passage, but after doing so, I come to a regular basalt wall door that is "impossible" to open.  I've bashed it a hundred times to no avail and piercing crystals state, "No barrier there.".  After looking up walkthroughs, no one even mentions a difficult to open door on the other side of the moving wall machine, so I'm guessing this door was supposed to be unlocked or removed by a trigger that never fired.

Any ideas on how to move forward or get the trigger to fire?

Piercing Crystals should work, and it doesn't look like anyone's ever had trouble with this door before.

OP, can you confirm that you have already received the "offer" from Vothkaro to kill Elhioc?  The one in scroll form.  I'm wondering if this door is a plot-skipping protection, essentially.

43-033_exile3LP_225.jpg

2 hours ago, Motardo said:

I've always just opened that door with the Unlock 3rd level mage spell, and it always worked on the first try. I would think a piercing crystal does the same thing, but have you tried the Unlock spell?

I'm playing through as Anama; I do not have the Unlock spell.

1 hour ago, handle with air said:

Piercing Crystals should work, and it doesn't look like anyone's ever had trouble with this door before.

OP, can you confirm that you have already received the "offer" from Vothkaro to kill Elhioc?  The one in scroll form.  I'm wondering if this door is a plot-skipping protection, essentially.

43-033_exile3LP_225.jpg

Yes, I can confirm I have the letter in my inventory, and that I accepted the quest from Vothkaro.