Queen's Wish games

ladyonthemoon

Hi,

Great many thanks to Jeff Vogel for these marvelous games he made for us! :thumbup:

I just bought Queen's Wish 2 - The Tormentor. I was about to play QW 1 again because I don't remember my choices but, after reflection, I decided to wait until the third game has been released... At least I'll be able to play the three games one after another comfortably. :)

In the meantime, I'll play Avernum, the first trilogy, Avadon, the series and I'll restart Exile. :)

What do you think? ;)

QW3 is going to take a while I think. Geneforge 2 remaster is next Jeff has said (on the AMA on Reddit last month). I'm happy to have played QW2 now (2 times so far with a good ending on the 2nd play through, but I'm planning to play it again to try and perfect my ending :)). When QW3 is out I'll play that my ending code till I get a good ending. Then play the games in sequence when I replay them.

Avernum is a favorite of mine. It's a wondrous world to walk around in. I'm looking forward to the remaster of the 2nd trilogy, as Avernum 4 and 5 no longer work on my PC (graphics corrupt after short while). I just finished a replay of Avadon and that's a great series as well, though I miss wandering around the world. I replay them both at least once a year.

5 hours ago, TheUmbra said:

Avernum is a favorite of mine.

Avernum are the very first video games I ever player. I bought them multiple times, for Mac first, then for Windows. I won't play the remastered ones though; I prefer the originals. I don't think games 4 to 6 are corrupted on my pc, but I'll have to try. Anyway, these three are not my favourite because the open world is missing from them, so, if they don't work, oh well, I won't cry. :)

I also own Geneforge, on Steam, but I have trouble taking to them...

1 hour ago, ladyonthemoon said:

Avernum are the very first video games I ever player. I bought them multiple times, for Mac first, then for Windows. I won't play the remastered ones though; I prefer the originals. I don't think games 4 to 6 are corrupted on my pc, but I'll have to try. Anyway, these three are not my favourite because the open world is missing from them, so, if they don't work, oh well, I won't cry. :)

Although it seems many Spidweb diehards prefer Geneforge, and I love that series too, Avernum is and always has been the GOAT for me. That said, I 200% agree with disliking A4-A6 for their reversion to the weird not-properly-scaled single game map. I assume when Jeff finally does remaster these three after the upcoming remaining Geneforge remasters (and of course QW3), he'll bring them back in line with his otherwise standard open world-vs.-individual location map system. It just gives a much more accurate sense of the scale of the world, and makes exploration/lore more fun and consistent.

48 minutes ago, mikeprichard said:

... I assume when Jeff finally does remaster these three ..., he'll bring them back in line with his otherwise standard open world ...

If he does that, I'll buy the remastered 4 to 6 then. :)  

@Spidweb 👋

Edited by ladyonthemoon
added :wave: