QW2: Ro's reputation/Family judgement?

The first half of the game, the Queen basically said I'm being too "nice" to the Ro. Now I'm close to completing the main part of the game and Delia comes crying saying I'm being too harsh. I'm not understanding how to make certain choices to "balance" the game. I don't think I sentenced anyone to death(?) and I usually try neutral/reasonable responses if available. Basically what I'm asking is, when should I be more harsh (and to who) and when should I be more reasonable?

edit: not sure if it matters but for reference, I'm choosing to serve Haven(as per my code/QW1 playthrough) and trying to make choices that benefit Haven

Edited by Amira The Hot Potato

There are three reputations in the game: Queen's faction (her wishers), Ro faction ( their traditions), and violence. The things you refer to are how violent you are in killing/let go in judgements and it fights in the dungeons. Some places you can avoid fights and get less loot.

13 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

There are three reputations in the game: Queen's faction (her wishers), Ro faction ( their traditions), and violence. The things you refer to are how violent you are in killing/let go in judgements and it fights in the dungeons. Some places you can avoid fights and get less loot.

Yes.. but I'm trying to figure out should every other decision I make support the Ro/haven? Some have smaller consequences, some bigger. The main ones I know about are the ones Cestus bothers you about. I don't know how else to explain it

7 hours ago, Amira The Hot Potato said:

and to add to this, my theft rate went up to 30% in Low Dhaga despite guards saying theft in the area will be rare so yeah.. idk how to make anyone happy and can't get anymore stone

For the Low Dhaga, have you been

Spoiler

Siding with the traditions on women or giving the women sanctuary?

That's an issue that can really impact your theft levels. If you've been dedicating forts to the Ro, there are some things you can craft that reduce your theft rate a bit.

I'd be interested in a Geneforge style reputation guide when we know more about how the game works. I know a few things about it, but it would be nice to know what affects gameplay or your endings.

6 hours ago, Shaper_Mario said:

For the Low Dhaga, have you been

Hide contents

Siding with the traditions on women or giving the women sanctuary?

That's an issue that can really impact your theft levels. If you've been dedicating forts to the Ro, there are some things you can craft that reduce your theft rate a bit.

I'd be interested in a Geneforge style reputation guide when we know more about how the game works. I know a few things about it, but it would be nice to know what affects gameplay or your endings.

I don't think I gave them sanctuary and for siding with the tradition I basically kept saying it wasn't my concern or business. of ALL the things going on with the Ro that's what they're pissed about🙄 I would have thought it had something to do with the

Spoiler

working convicts and being mean to them

A reputation guide would be great, but that's a lot of work considering how often those values go up and down. As far as I can tell, the Violence reputation is only used in a few areas and doesn't really affect the ending. You do get a slight bump to your Ro reputation at the end of the game if your violence rep is high, though.

I guess I can start somewhere easy: here's how the judgments affect your reputation:

Spoiler

Dastan

Let Cestus choose: Ro -2

Execute Dastan: Ro -2, Queen +1, Violence +3

Flog Dastan: Ro -1, Violence -1

Release Dastan: Ro +2, Queen -2, Violence -3

Jadyra

Accept gifts: Ro +1, get some coins and crating materials

Accept gifts, but don't forgive: Queen +1, get some coins and crafting materials

Refuse gifts: Nothing

Flog him: Ro -2, Violence +3

Kuanysh

Allow woodcutting with no bribe: Nothing

Allow woodcutting and accept bribe: Ro -2, get some coins and crafting materials

Refuse woodcutting: Ro +1, Queen -1

Refused woodcutting and flog: Ro +2, Queen -2, Violence +3

Jansulu

Let Cestus decide: Ro -2, Queen -2

Sentence to death: Ro -2, Queen +2, Violence +3

Flogging: Ro -2, Queen -2, Violence +1

Spare: Ro +2, Queen -2, Violence -3

Order Cestus to prevent sacrifices: Ro -1, Queen +2

Order Cestus to leave Kranas alone: Ro +1, Queen -2

Aledra

Execute/Flog/Send Back: Violence +3

Let her work in Fort Meadow: Violence -3

Shaytham

"I'm too busy": Ro +1, Queen -1

Promise to help: Queen +1 and finishing the quest this starts gets you Queen +4

Talant

Dock pay: Ro -2, Queen +2, Violence -1

Flog: Ro -1, Violence +1

Execute: Ro +3, Queen -3, Violence +5

"This is a waste of time": Ro -2, Queen +1, Violence -3

Keep him stationed in Lithia: Violence +1

Restation him: Violence -1

(Above 2 options naturally require him not to be executed)

Assassin

Execute: Ro -2, Queen -2, Violence +3

Flog: Ro -2, Violence +1

Let go (don't request bribe): Ro +2, Queen +2, Violence -2, some quicksilver

Let go (request bribe): Ro +1, Queen +2, Violence -2, some quicksilver

Altynay

Return her: Ro +3, Queen +2, some stone, theft reduction

Send her to Haven: Ro -6, Queen -2, theft increase

And the governor decisions:

Spoiler

Aato in power: Ro -15, Queen +10

Lawisa in power: Ro +5, Queen -10

Yvette in power: Ro -15, Queen +10

Abelin in power: Ro +5, Queen -10

Ivanna: No change, regardless how you phrase your approval

It's worth noting that there are more ways to get your Ro reputation up outside of forts than Queen reputation. For example, just being respectful to people often nets you a few freebie reputation points when in the various Ro towns. Just try not to be completely spineless. A lot of the dialogue in the palace also can give some free Queen reputation points that aren't at the expense of anything. Stuff like kneeling properly or accepting your duty. Just don't question her health in public.

Regarding women in Low Dhaga, it seems like trying to change the status quo in general makes you lose reputation among both the Ro (for trying to change their traditions) and the Queen (for getting too involved). So unlike many choices, it isn't a decision between what Haven wants vs what the Ro wants, it's about doing whether doing the right thing is worth the consequences. Unfortunately, that means from a gameplay perspective, you're actually best off being sexist when in Low Dhaga.

Ah, but those are

Spoiler

Havenite convicts. The people of the Ro don't really care what you do to them, and as long as you don't kill them your fellow Havenites probably prefer harsh judgment.

Edit: Thanks for the info, Mechalibur. That stuff is really helpful, and I'm curious how well or poorly my decisions are going to affect my ending.

Edited by Shaper_Mario

11 minutes ago, Mechalibur said:

A reputation guide would be great, but that's a lot of work considering how often those values go up and down. As far as I can tell, the Violence reputation is only used in a few areas and doesn't really affect the ending. You do get a slight bump to your Ro reputation at the end of the game if your violence rep is high, though.

I guess I can start somewhere easy: here's how the judgments affect your reputation:

Hide contents

Dastan

Let Cestus choose: Ro -2

Execute Dastan: Ro -2, Queen +1, Violence +3

Flog Dastan: Ro -1, Violence -1

Release Dastan: Ro +2, Queen -2, Violence -3

Jadyra

Accept gifts: Ro +1, get some coins and crating materials

Accept gifts, but don't forgive: Queen +1, get some coins and crafting materials

Refuse gifts: Nothing

Flog him: Ro -2, Violence +3

Kuanysh

Allow woodcutting with no bribe: Nothing

Allow woodcutting and accept bribe: Ro -2, get some coins and crafting materials

Refuse woodcutting: Ro +1, Queen -1

Refused woodcutting and flog: Ro +2, Queen -2, Violence +3

Jansulu

Let Cestus decide: Ro -2, Queen -2

Sentence to death: Ro -2, Queen +2, Violence +3

Flogging: Ro -2, Queen -2, Violence +1

Spare: Ro +2, Queen -2, Violence -3

Order Cestus to prevent sacrifices: Ro -1, Queen +2

Order Cestus to leave Kranas alone: Ro +1, Queen -2

Aledra

Execute/Flog/Send Back: Violence +3

Let her work in Fort Meadow: Violence -3

Shaytham

"I'm too busy": Ro +1, Queen -1

Promise to help: Queen +1 and finishing the quest this starts gets you Queen +4

Talant

Dock pay: Ro -2, Queen +2, Violence -1

Flog: Ro -1, Violence +1

Execute: Ro +3, Queen -3, Violence +5

"This is a waste of time": Ro -2, Queen +1, Violence -3

Keep him stationed in Lithia: Violence +1

Restation him: Violence -1

(Above 2 options naturally require him not to be executed)

Assassin

Execute: Ro -2, Queen -2, Violence +3

Flog: Ro -2, Violence +1

Let go (don't request bribe): Ro +2, Queen +2, Violence -2, some quicksilver

Let go (request bribe): Ro +1, Queen +2, Violence -2, some quicksilver

Altynay

Return her: Ro +3, Queen +2, some stone, theft reduction

Send her to Haven: Ro -6, Queen -2, theft increase

And the governor decisions:

Reveal hidden contents

Aato in power: Ro -15, Queen +10

Lawisa in power: Ro +5, Queen -10

Yvette in power: Ro -15, Queen +10

Abelin in power: Ro +5, Queen -10

Ivanna: No change, regardless how you phrase your approval

It's worth noting that there are more ways to get your Ro reputation up outside of forts than Queen reputation. For example, just being respectful to people often nets you a few freebie reputation points when in the various Ro towns. Just try not to be completely spineless. A lot of the dialogue in the palace also can give some free Queen reputation points that aren't at the expense of anything. Stuff like kneeling properly or accepting your duty. Just don't question her health in public.

Regarding women in Low Dhaga, it seems like trying to change the status quo in general makes you lose reputation among both the Ro (for trying to change their traditions) and the Queen (for getting too involved). So unlike many choices, it isn't a decision between what Haven wants vs what the Ro wants, it's about doing whether doing the right thing is worth the consequences. Unfortunately, that means from a gameplay perspective, you're actually best off being sexist when in Low Dhaga.

Thanks for the info!

Spoiler

As far as the chief decisions, after I got Jansulu thats right around when the Queen complained to me

(the others I didn't get to yet) and then I guess in the other areas was I was too mean which is when

Spoiler

Delia contacted me through the mirror in one of the forts

The Violence reputation plays a role in the endgame.

Spoiler

If it is too high, that increases the chance that the Kranas delegation will fight you at Prova Krul. I suspect that if it's too low, it increases the chance that the Dhagan delegation will fight you there.

In order to do something about the situation of women in the Low Dhagan, you have to have a high Queen reputation ...

Spoiler

... but if you have that, the end text states that you are able to start making some changes there.

21 hours ago, Mechalibur said:

I am starting to put a Reputation guide together. It is slow going, but I hope to have it done by the weekend. If someone puts it together before then, so be it.

Spoiler

I'm looking over the Prova Krug scripts. Assuming I'm interpreting this correctly, having a high Violence Rep (106 or higher), causes him to get upset with how violent you are, making you lose 4 points with the Ro faction. Having a low Violence Rep (93 or lower) makes him think you're too soft, also causing you to lose 4 points with the Ro. If you're in the middle, however, you gain 3 points of Ro reputation for being appropriately violent.

In order to avoid the Kranas delegation from attacking you, it looks like you need to meet 3 separate conditions:

1. Remove Yvette from power

2. Didn't destroy the Tehrorman grove

3. Have enough Ro reputation. I'm not exactly sure how much - the scripts say 130 + 10*difficulty, so you probably have to have at least 160 on torment (assuming difficulty starts at 0 and goes up to 3 for Torment)

I can't figure out the exact condition for whether The Low Dhaga delegation attacks or not. It references a flag that I can't find anywhere else in the scrips.

Meant to post this elsewhere, putting in spoilers for endgame stuff.

Edited by Mechalibur

Spoiler

160 seems like a very big number. This may be the only reason they attacked me (even though my butler said that I have gained respect of the RO). In the end, storywise it doesn't matter if anyone attacks you on Prova Krug or not - it just makes the last fight more difficult. 3 fights in a row... Although their delegations are extremely weak in comparison to the last one and the player doesn't have to spend a big amount of HP/energy on them.

Edited by dgomez

It's worth noting that all reputations start at 100, which means you're middle of the road. So an endgame goal of 160 isn't actually all that bad. It isn't too difficult to get high reputation with the Ro since there are so many opportunities to increase it sprinkled across the game. The biggest issue is that a lot of stuff that may seem harmless will hurt your rep.

You can get huge penalties from supporting women's rights in Low Dhaga. That's probably the easiest way to lose points since (I hope) most players would want to support the women there. But even stuff like trying to be overly conciliatory might take a few points off. As an example, telling Master Aurichalcum you don't care about his judgement gets you +2 points, while saying you hope to live up to your father's example loses your 2. Trying to help the prisoner also loses you 2 rep, while saying you find his punishment suitable gets you +2.

Edited by Mechalibur

• 2 weeks later...

Roleplay-wise, it's strange to be a blatant liar and manage to have a good reputation with everyone.

In this game, everything you say will widely spread in the whole world, so if you take a min-maxing strategy, everybody should know that you are an opportunistic liar. But they will still like you, which is weird.

For exemple, if you lie to your family about Prova Krug (you say you won't but go there : you desobey and lie about it), you will have a better opinion, than if you just disobey : very weird.

I for myself have far more respect for someone who will remain true to herself/himself even if I disagree with that person. than a person who blatantly changes his or her mind with the weather.

In the end, what you say (lies or not) has too much impact on reputation against what you do. In the context of the Rho culture where what you say is irrelevant (only the Deep Truth counts), it's very strange.