Vahnatai - Do you like them?

Guys. This poll is simple - do you like Vahnatai or not?

If you have an answer different from the ones available. Just press other, and then post what your answer is. Thank you. Avernum will always be gratified for you help in this historical work...

Personal;ly, I didn't want to kill them in Avernum 3 - but I had no choice. Rentar Ihnro was a total twerp!¬!!!¬!!!¬!!¬!¬!¬!¬!¬!¬!

CURRENT RESULTS:

15 Voters

Do you like Vahnatai?

Yes = 60%

No = 40%

Other -> POST IT = 33%

Did you let Erika die fighting them?

Yes = 80%

No = 40%

That's the Current Results. 09:26:05 GMT 9 July 2004

No, i don't like them:they're too powerfull and it frightening me laugh !

Nah, seriously, they're too proud, don't share their technology with the humanBut they need humans to help them recover the crystals souls.

I hate Rentar Irhno (for the purist:'xcuse me, I don't know how to write it)!!So ****ing proud!

And I don't like the vahnatai spells: capturing people's mind!How ugly! smile

And they look so fragile: I feel like crushing each of they're small bones with my hand!

smile A last!I've say it!I feel so much better now!

Because no one else has stepped up to the plate, I feel that I must. To vahnatai_hell_fyre: in general, AIMspeak (substituting "r" for "are," "4" for "for," and the like) is frowned upon around here.

To stay remotely on topic, I liked the vahnatai of A2, but not of A3. Jeff made them too one-dimensional in A3. ("We still hate the Empire, and that is the single motivation behind all our actions.")

Rentar-Ihrno doesn't get away with it. Last time I checked, her clan gets decimated and her plotting is literally exploded by a bunch of goody two shoes adventurers.

Then there are the vahnatai like Bon-Ihrno, but they deserve to die because their race is guilty of a single murder. The attempted deicide committed by humans is of no matter.

—Alorael, who likes the vahnatai because, quite frankly, they're the only race that couldn't be lifted straight out of any number of other generic fantasy sources. And crystals are cool.

• 3 years later...

I like the Vahnatai in general, and I think it would be really cool to have a Vahnatai member in the party in Avernum 6.

The only thing is, it would act the same as all the rest of your party. He/she would eat human food, wear human armour, maybe even use a human weapon unless there was a really cool Waveblade artifact that you could find.

To the people who hate the vahnatai because a few killed their favorite characters: Not all vahnatai are the same. You are being prejudice.

I can't like them in general because it is generally the same with us humans. Many people don't like or dislike humans just in general.

Heh. My opinion's changed so much in four years. They still look like Roswell aliens, though.

I think that the Vahnatai are a little full of themselves in A2, but I'm loving their spells. Fluffy the Ur-basilisk is my friend, especially in large battles. Cuddles the Null Bug is also awesome.

In A3, I really thought the little Vahnatai kid was awesome, but Rentar really needed a good smacking. The mental image of my female mage (Cordelia graphic) slapping Rentar across the face is very amusing for me. I think Rentar would die of shock.

Actually, I think she needed a smacking in A2, too. Her pretentious attitude got on my nerves.

The Vahnatai in VoDT are made of awesome, and not just because they saved my butt from quickfire. They're just awesome guys.

All in all, I think the Vahnatai are a very interesting race, but I'm not sure I'd want to meet one.