Restoration Brews

You can fight your way out without spells. Energy potions will replace the spell energy, but it's easier to use items. Potions for healing, wands for damage, summoning creatures for targets, and just have your fighters carry the load.

I had to do it this way when my only save was just before the Mung demon attack. I had to raise a spellcaster, but it's possible.

There are 2 passwords. The 4 part password is for the quest to find the way to the surface.

There is another password to get her spy statues to talk to you. If you find the correct statue you click on it to talk like a person and some will give useful information. You may have to go back to Erika if you didn't get that password.

I think Erika gives you the password as part of agreeing to do her quest to kill Hawthorne. You need it to get the last brooch location.

Pyrog isn't too bad if you get the buff spells up quickly or have them up before talking. I don't remember having to do anything special. Just keep healed up and have a fighter keep Pyrog busy. It's afterwards when you loot the place that I had trouble.

Pyrog has one, Motrax, the GIFTS, and Mertis Spiral are the other three that you can get normally. The fifth brooch was stolen and there is a statue that gives information that the thief is in Dharmon prison. The prisoner sends you to Mertis where you can buy the last brooch. One of Erika's books lists the locations of the four brooches.