Control Core B Help

Ircher

I am trying to join Alwan's faction, and to do that, I need to complete the control core B quest that involves the synthesis mind. I am currently having a lot of trouble with this quest, so I am wondering if someone could help me. I am currently not able to even survive the initial round of combat after I challenge the synthesis mind. It does its lightning aura radiation thing which wipes out most of my health and then it kills me immediately with its normal attack. My first question is thus: how am I supposed to survive that? I am playing as a lifecrafter on hard difficulty, and the synthesis mind always gets to move before I do. Is this a sign that I am underleveled for the quest? I am at level 22 so far. My stats are as follows (with equipment):

Strength - 0, Dexterity - 5, Intelligence - 11, Endurance - 4

Melee - 1, Missile - 3, Quick Action - 2, Parry - 2

Battle Magic - 2, Mental Magic - 2, Blessing Magic - 3, Spellcraft - 0

Fire Shaping - 2, Battle Shaping - 10, Magic Shaping - 1, Healing Craft - 2

Leadership - 10 + 1 = 11, Mechanics - 10 + 2 + 1 = 13, Luck - 1

I can create Fyoras, Roamers, Thahds, Clawbugs, Battle Alphas, and War Tralls. I could also create a wingbolt if I leveled up my magic shaping.

War Tralls is your answer. Battle shaping 10 and wartralls should take you through the game with a bit of blessing magic, that you seem to have.

Cast that spell that augments your defenses and health to survive the first round. You may have to increase blessing a bit to cast it, I don't recall. It takes a big chunk of your essence when you cast it, but you can recoup that with an essence pod or a pool. Then make the max number of War Tralls you can, leaving just 7-8 essence to cast healing spells or something. If you can't afford 2-3 war tralls, drop their +2 to intelligence and you can get put it in once you level. 

Okay, I figured out that if I enter combat mode manually immediately after the challenge, the synthesis mind doesn't do its lightning aura ability on the first round letting me get away without dying. I am finding the Rotdhizons extremely difficult to deal with. They have a whole bunch of health (over 1300 or so) and two attacks a round. My damage output (with two War Tralls) is along the lines of 250-400 damage each round, and even with the help of the servant minds' creations, I am not able to kill them fast enough before they absolutely decimate my creations and the servant minds' creations. Their acid is also very brutal as none of the creations seem to have any acid resistance whatsoever and take like 100 damage from acid each round. Does anyone have any advice as to how to deal with the Rotdhizons here? Should I invest a point in magic shaping and bring a wingbolt? (Idk if the Rotdhizons are more vulnerable to magic damage than physical.)

(Also, I've gained several levels since I last posted, but I haven't spent any of the skill points. I have like 40 spare skill points to spend. I've been hoarding them because I read that there are trainers after I complete this quest, but I suppose I might have to spend a good chunk to do this quest.)

Edited by Isaiah

Have enough essence for buffs - use pools to refill your essence. Also, have those spores that cure acid and use them.  As Randomizer said, 2 wartralls are good enough, but you need more meatshields. Get a clawbug or something to soak damage. Reposition the war tralls too to not get 2 attacks.

Okay, I found a solution to this, although I'm not sure it is the intended one. Basically, I let servant minds Alpha and Beta just die (I didn't help them at all) and solely defended Servant Mind Gamma. For whatever reason, the synthesis mind only sends patchwork and war tralls against the gamma mind (none of the rotdhizons!) which are far easier to kill. The other creations don't even bother to come after the other minds after they kill the one they were targeting! I killed two waves against the gamma mind then I went and exacted my revenge on the synthesis mind. With this, I should be able to finally join Alwan's faction and proceed to endgame. (Also, as suggested, I made a bunch of battle alphas. I'm not sure how useful they were; they all ended up dying, but I guess it did help some.)

Edited by Isaiah

Dying was their purpose. Now you are a true Shaper, sacrificing creatures for the cause - that they didn't chose nor they had a chance to disagree. 
I don't blame you, mind you. I think I did the same with Control Core B, and that trick of letting at least one of the servant minds die sounds  familiar. I don't know if (at normal difficulty) after several reloads I managed to save the other servant minds,  but IIRC, I managed to save one at most.