Kickstarter for Queen's Wish 2: The Tormentor

The Kickstarter for Queen's Wish 2 officially launched: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spiderwebsoftware/queens-wish-2-the-tormentor/

Between the project description and the blog post Jeff made, we have some new information about the game:

• You're playing the same character in Queen's Wish 1. This is a first for any game by Spiderweb Software.
  • Queen Sharyn's illness seems to be public knowledge now, and Haven is in a panic.
  • The game will take place in a region called the "Rokaj" where your father is from. I don't believe the first game ever mentioned your character's father, so it looks like we'll finally get some more information about him.
  • You will actually have the option to betray Haven.
  • Core gameplay seems to be the same - you command a squad of soldiers and rebuild forts in the region.
  • There's an interesting screenshot where you pick a "dedication" for your fort, either diplomacy, military, or knowledge. No idea what it means, but you may actually have to make decisions about your forts instead of just taking all the upgrades in every fort.
  • You can still abuse your butler.
  • Dungeons still require you to beat the boss before the enemies de-spawn.
  • The exp system is being re-designed. It sounds like Jeff wants exp to feel more rewarding instead of only being given out when you clear a dungeon.
  • The game will have 12 more abilities than the first Queen's Wish did. He wants to make sure that every ability feels useful, even in the late game.

I'm looking forward to it! Let me know if I missed anything important.

Edited by Mechalibur

1 hour ago, Randomizer said:

Stretch goals include an iPhone version and Android tablet (third party) version.

It's probably hard to tell how many people play the game on the iPhone vs. the iPad since both versions come with one purchase. I wonder if Jeff has any clue....

At the end of the video it shows a more clear description of the 3 fort specializations. The Diplomacy focus is especially interesting as it mentions improving relationships with the locals and making them more likely to assist you. Might be similar to investing in the leadership skill in Geneforge.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad we'll still be the same character as we were in the first game. I wasn't quite sure about that from the description. I guess the default world state if you don't have an import password will assume you rushed the portal and ditched your responsibilities in the first game?