So what will you guys out there plan to throw in for the G2 kickstarter?

I was not planning on it being "hilarious" as much as eyebrow raising and being a side-effect of a rogue Rot. But as I said, we're a loooong way from that date, I don't know what my financial situation would be like at the time (i.e. if I could reach the tier to insert minor things) and I would probably have changed my mind. 

27 minutes ago, The Almighty Doer of Stuff said:

A living tool that makes locks HARDER to unlock, as an act of rebellion.

I always liked in GF4, the living tool reaction to being misused in Dillame Keep. I could see the revolt of living tools. Maybe a quest to hunt down the ring leader of their revolt.  :)

There was a Shaper lab on the southeast side where the Shaper was using a living tool when you start talking to him. I forgot the task he was using it for that wasn't a normal use so when he puts it down you see the irritated tool's reaction. One of Jeff's more interesting a funny bits.

My mistake Rivergate Keep near Dillame:

"When you find this Shaper, he is adjusting a piece of equipment, using a living tool to carefully bend a piece of piping in place. The tentacles of the tool shape the metal, while the creature squeaks in annoyance."

"The job done, he sets aside the tool (which tries to drag itself away) and says, _I am Shaper Duncan, keeper of this place. Greetings. I was told that you might be stopping in._"

16 hours ago, The Almighty Doer of Stuff said:

It would have to somehow force you to point it at your own face, though. Batons are probably about as sentient as living tools but it'd take one heck of a mischievous Shaper to make one with enough telekinetic power to overwhelm a Shaper's control of their own arm.

Ιt could fire backwards perhaps. Ejecting the thorn from the side facing the shaper instead the usual business end. 

Edited by alhoon

I like artifacts, but I always prefer interesting artifacts, not just useful ones. Spiderweb Software games always have oodles of artifacts, but the really legendary ones are the best, even if they're not necessarily the most powerful. Artifacts with really interesting descriptions or a story behind them. I always collect any interesting artifacts I find in BoE scenarios, and put them on pedestals in my "hub scenario" so I can grab a couple before a new adventure. So interesting artifacts would be a cool thing to add to Geneforge.

Edited by The Almighty Doer of Stuff

• 3 weeks later...

There should be journal entries for the boss enemies when they die like in the later Geneforges.  For instance, the Rotting Demon could be "The Demon stumbles around, then throws its hands into the sky and lets out a scream.  You cover your ears because of how painfully loud it is.  The Demon then melts into a puddle of foul smelling ooze. You see something solid that remains, a claw"

Edited by Superdeath25

20 hours ago, alhoon said:

Never fought that demon in GF2. Always postponing it till I ended the game. 

I only remember fighting the demon in my Barzite playthrough.  It was at the end and by then I had the Omnicharm, multiple stat boosting items, and had consumed all canisters, so I was pretty overpowered

Edited by Superdeath25