Getting myself back up to speed

(Wow.  I mean, just wow.  It has been a really, really long time since I posted anything on this forum.  Good grief.)

Hey guys, long time no see.  I've been taking a look back at my old BoA stuff.  You know, recapturing the excitement of what was never released, and cringing at the thought of what was released. 😛  It's all gotten me thinking about starting a new scenario project.  Before I get too far though, I figured I'd ask around to see if anyone can answer some questions I have.

First of all, I remember a 3D editor was in the works last I was here.  I see I have the Eccentric Eyebeast release of that, but I'm wondering if more development has been done and if a new release has come out during my years of absence.

Second, I see many of the links to user-made BoA sites no longer work.  That makes me very sad, and it makes me wonder if any of the custom graphics hosted on those sites have survived (I see Louvre is still around though.  That makes me happy).  I'm also remembering seeing a black sand terrain set somewhere that I would love to work with, but I can't seem to find it.  If anyone has info on where those graphics can be found, I'd love to hear it.  These works of art should not be lost.

1 hour ago, Kelandon said:

On the graphics, I have not been able to find the disappeared graphics either. Some were incorporated into scenarios, which are now the best source of custom graphics of which I am aware, but if anyone knows about a backup graphic archive, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Hmm.  I smells me a side project... 😏

8 hours ago, BJ Back From the Beyond said:

Second, I see many of the links to user-made BoA sites no longer work.  That makes me very sad, and it makes me wonder if any of the custom graphics hosted on those sites have survived (I see Louvre is still around though.  That makes me happy).  I'm also remembering seeing a black sand terrain set somewhere that I would love to work with, but I can't seem to find it.  If anyone has info on where those graphics can be found, I'd love to hear it.  These works of art should not be lost.

Some of these might still be available from my TrueSite for Blades mirror (you can also try the older home page). I haven't fully updated all the internal links to be host-agnostic, so you can let me know if you find broken links. TrueSite also contains mirrors of some older GeoCities sites, so even if the link is an external link you can feel free to report it. I think there's a BoA graphics archive somewhere on there, no idea how complete it is though.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with that… I poked around and found what seems to be another version of the same page but all the links there are broken too. I'm not even sure if that page you did find is actually correctly credited to Dahak, as the page itself is called "splash.html". There's a few graphics here though.