A2:CS; AP-boosting items for a singleton

Finally got around to a singleton run on the new trilogy, settled on A2 since E2:CS was my first taste of Spiderweb back in the 90s.

Where can I find the mercuric chain or plate and the quicksilver sandals in this game? Obviously these items are non-negotiable for solo runs. What will I need in terms of dispel barrier/tool use/etc to get them?

Otherwise things are looking great. I'm just about to hit level 35 and start picking up the Crystal Souls to advance the main quest, will update as and when.

BIG thanks in advance for any help 

1 hour ago, Chopkinsca said:

Mercuric chain is a reward for returning the Vyvnas crystal soul. Mercuric plate **might** be from a crafter that is in a small place South-East of Erika's tower.

Quicksilver Sandals. Drop from an Infernal Commander in Angierach.

I just grabbed this info from the big item list. Here

Thanks man! 😁 Part of me wishes there was a Wiki for these games but that's part of being the best-kept secret in indie RPGs I guess.

Also, while I'm posting: I can finish as a singleton without putting any points in tool use, right? Like, that doesn't completely block off anything I need to get in order to progress?

from Singleton PC run

"7 Tool Use, alongside Tinker’s Gloves and 2 Nimble Fingers, will let you open all the staggeringly common lv 10 doors and traps. While there is unlockable loot up to lv 15, those include no quest items or useful spells, so there is no point bothering."

More help to get into more places.

On 6/8/2021 at 8:28 PM, Randomizer said:

from Singleton PC run

"7 Tool Use, alongside Tinker’s Gloves and 2 Nimble Fingers, will let you open all the staggeringly common lv 10 doors and traps. While there is unlockable loot up to lv 15, those include no quest items or useful spells, so there is no point bothering."

More help to get into more places.

Yeeeeah so, realised I've fully wrecked my run. I hit level 36 without putting any points into tool use. Now there are a lot of dungeons I can't complete (Tiger's Den being the straw that just broke the camel's back) and I'm torn as to whether to start over, uninstall, or use the editor to cheat myself up to 10 tool use?

Common sense suggests it's ridiculous that this cavelord badass who can fry Hakaai and take on whole Imperial platoons by himself would get stumped by a wooden door, but them's the mechanics right? 🤣 I don't mind losing out on loot or the odd level 3 spell, but walling off entire dungeons seems excessive 

• 1 year later...

Yeah I was thinking about the mechanics recently when completing Garzahd's fortress. He has all of these magic barriers. The one he puts up that Rentar-Ihrno cuts through, and the ones that I pass with the Blessed Athame. But I would have been completely foiled by an ordinary metal gate.

I'm remembering now in the original Exile II, the options were lockpick, using an unlock door spell, or attempting to bash it down. That kind of makes sense to me, it's not just skilled rogues who can make it past a locked door, but also at some level of being a high-level warrior or mage it makes sense that they would become passable, by magic or by brute force.