What are some of your favorite and least favorite Geneforge endings?

Obviously spoilers ahead in this thread 

The best part of Geneforge games to me is seeing your character grow from a pathetic whelp to a one man (several creature) army smasher. The second best part is the wide variety of endings in each game impacted by your choices throughout the game. 

What are some of your most and least favorites? Bonus points if one of your least favorite endings is a “good” one. 

My favorite ending by far is from the original Geneforge when you 

1. Use the Geneforge 

2. Kill both “bosses”

3. Destroy the Geneforge 

Which essentially boils down to you becoming an emperor of your own fiefdom with super powerful creations supporting your mini independent state.

The loyalist, but canister abusing, ending in G2 evokes similar emotions, especially when the guardian frees you and you become a trusted, powerful agent of the shapers despite having been shaped yourself.

Perhaps my least favorite is any of the rebel endings from G4. It just feels like I’m making the world a worse place unleashing the unbound, which is certainly an interesting moral quandary but one I am firmly against. I can’t find myself feeling good about it. 

What are some of yours?

• 1 month later...

The Alwan ending in Geneforge 5 is one of the greatest endings I have ever seen in any game.  Ghaldring dies, you retire in glory, barred creations go extinct, Terrestia is reunited under the Shaper banner, Shaping gets under control again, the Geneforges are drained, and the Trakovites disappear.   

In the same game, the Ghaldring ending is horrible.  You do all that work to overthrow the Shapers, only for it to be rendered meaningless in the end as Ghaldring gets overthrown and the shaping laws are reinstated.  Makes you feel like your hours of gameplay was all for nothing

AS for other games, the Geneforge 3 Shaper ending is really good.  Like you, the Geneforge 4 Rebel ending gives me a "WHAT HAVE I DONE" feeling

Edited by Superdeath25

Completely opposite of the above: 

I found the Ghaldring ending the best as you crush the tyrannical Shaper Empire - I only felt sorry for Astoria - and you get your boot warm by sticking up Rawal's rear end as a bonus. In the end, after crushing the Shapers you break the chains of the Drakons before they become new Shapers bringing an utopia where the people that Shape are not trampling on the corpses of the creatures they shape and the monsters needed for the Rebellion to win the world disappear. 

Astoria's end, with an uneasy truce is the 2nd best. The butthole councilors survive but half the world is liberated. It will probably lead to another ideological war down the line but perhaps not and perhaps that war will not be a war of complete subjugation of the serviles and complete genocide of the thinking creations like the Drayks and the Gazers. 

The Rebel ending in GF4 left me ... ambivalent which is a good thing. After so many hours, I wanted the Rebels to win, even if it meant unleashing the horror of the Unbound. It made me question things and think and generally it was moving. Of course it was a "WHAT HAVE I DONE?" but it led to a question "Would I do it again?" and the answer came up as "... probably?
The Unbound were unleased on an unsuspecting population, traumatizing and victimizing simple people. But it was between horrendous civilian casualties on one side or complete obliteration for the other side. In the end, I would choose to sacrifice the lives of 10% of the innocents of the other side in order to avoid the loss of 100% of the lives of our side. 

Now, the "What Have I Done?" is at its worse through Litalia's path in GF5. No, not in the end. By the end you have already done countless terrorist acts. Breaking the Line. Unleashing the shredbugs to lead the population to a slow, undignified death from starvation. Unleashing a plague. 
By the end, I was numb. 

The Trajkov ending in G1 is very cool and nice. Going from experience I am sure that most players assume that he is doomed to fail against a whole shaper empire, and yet if you support him...he just wins, and so do you! It was never the fact that siding with him is an option that was surprising, but that something could actually come of it!

The shaper path in G3 is very satisfying. While other games are more interesting when it comes to morals, in G3 you pretty much just walk around solving rebel problems, and it's nice carrying that out to the end. From a writing perspective this means G3 failed badly to portray the rebels as a viable side, especially with particularly meh NPCs like Hoge, Litalia and especially Lankan. From a player perspective it feels nice to solve all the problems they made though.

21 hours ago, PerishedFraud said:

The Trajkov ending in G1 is very cool and nice. Going from experience I am sure that most players assume that he is doomed to fail against a whole shaper empire, and yet if you support him...he just wins, and so do you! It was never the fact that siding with him is an option that was surprising, but that something could actually come of it!

The shaper path in G3 is very satisfying. While other games are more interesting when it comes to morals, in G3 you pretty much just walk around solving rebel problems, and it's nice carrying that out to the end. From a writing perspective this means G3 failed badly to portray the rebels as a viable side, especially with particularly meh NPCs like Hoge, Litalia and especially Lankan. From a player perspective it feels nice to solve all the problems they made though.

In the first two Geneforges, I am sympathetic to the Rebel side. In Geneforge 3, the Rebellion gets taken over by the Takers and becomes a bunch of power hungry lunatics that come across as more concerned with gaining power over the Shapers than freeing serviles like the original idea was.  I happily slaughter them across the islands.  Plus, if you serve them consistently, the Shapers treat you REALLY well.  You get so much praise and you get lots of discounts at their stores.  And yeah, I found rebel leaders unlikable.  Lankan was a brat, Litalia is like the desperate girl in the bar who keeps hitting on the guy she knows is gay, and whenever I see Master Hoge, I just want to kill him.

Edited by Superdeath25