Has anyone here ever used a cockatrice in battle?

I think I used them mainly to clear the Guarded Docks, as a Shaper on Normal (so, no friendly fire). I believe I had pairs of Cockatrices, Cryodrayks, and Ur-Glaahks so I could enjoy a big ol' brawl. Fun times. But I only played a Shaper 1x; the next 3 games were as Guardians & Agents so no, didn't use them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used a group of three of them in some battles. You have to get them as early as possible. I started a new game with that specific goal in mind in order to get them. I started w one and as I got stronger kept adding and stopped at three. Having a group makes up for the weaknesses of a single cockatrice. When they are near each other the combined effects of their passive abilities can be quite effective. I frequently used essence shields and first aid, especially spores, when in challenging situations. They are also good as a lure so when one gets surrounded the rest are free to wreak havoc on the enemies. That was an awesome play-through for me. Brilliant colors all round.