Kantre's realm

I'm trying to get through Kantre's Realm and having nothing but trouble.  I have the hintbook, so I know generally what I'm supposed to do.  When I talk to the brain, I don't have enough leadership or whatever to get it to cooperate.  I can still get the key from the box, but the exit is full of constantly respawning monsters. It's exhausting and frustrating.  So I'm stuck. . . I've tried continual fighting, but it's never over.  Tips?

P. S. This game is truly driving me nuts.  I'm really wanting to finish it, but so far (on casual difficulty) it just doesn't seem to be worth it.

Run for an exit to the zone since you aren't getting experience for killing those endlessly spawning creations. I'm pretty sure they are gone when you return even though the other creations that already were there will still be there.

This game is harder than the original version, but there are ways to avoid fights. Having done it both ways I try to get my leadership high enough to avoid most fights in that zone by buying the leadership point in Drayk's Vale and getting the Girdle of Leadership in the Ancient Crypt.