How do I use the strange pools?

Hello All,

I’m near the end of the game and finally picked up the helix bracer and feisty slap glove, but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to “dip” them in the various strange pools.

I’ve tried wearing one with the other in the pack, both in the pack, wearing just one with out the other in the pack and holding just one without the other in my pack. 

All I’ve managed to do is give my shaper enough acid to enjoy a Willie Nelson concert. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

'Which' pools are you trying to dip them into?  The charging pools are generally under specific zones, & there are other pools here & there that don't do anything but damage you if you mess with them.  If you get to one of the correct pools, say under Pentil Woods, if you've got the gloves or bracer in your inventory (or wearing), there should be an option in a pop up dialogue to dip one of them into the pool.  Select that option & it's done.  Then repeat in the other zones that have the pools (such as in Diarazad)

You need to have spoken to... I forget their name, but one of the Serviles in the same area as you get the gloves and bracer instructs you in how to use the pools. This conversation sets a flag that lets you use the pools- simply having the gloves/bracer isn't enough. Once you know how to use the pools, the item you want to dip just has to be in your possession- it doesn't matter whether you have it equipped or in your pack.

Thank you both for the answers. Googoojoob had it correct, I just grabbed the items without talking to that servile downstairs. Nowhere I searched had mentioned that part, just that the items were upstairs. Thank you again!

• 3 weeks later...

The gloves are the only things charged in the pools (I think).  There's a sword that needs three charges to be fully charged, but that is done differently

Spoiler

Through three canisters & then you're (eventually) supposed to give it to the Shaper in the bottom right docks

I don't think I ever bumped into the lance.  Where did you find it?

57 minutes ago, TriRodent said:

I don't think I ever bumped into the lance.  Where did you find it?

There is a Vampiric Lance in the West Workshop, but I don't remember it saying anything about charging. Is that the one?

The Vampiric Lance is amazing.

It can’t be charged by the pools, but when you use it, it returns to your hand. 

Essentially a bottomless clip that only weighs as much as one lance.