shaper crypt door

Noman

There is a door on the far side that won't open. It is one of those blue doors with circles on it. Does it lead to another area and why won't it open? This area stays red so it must be the door as I've cleared everything else except the continuing respawners which can't be stopped.

3 hours ago, TriRodent said:

Scroll down a little bit to the "Spiky Silver Orb" thread...

I remember killing the starving thadt but no orb. I just went back to the Western Wastes and searched all over with no luck I don't even have the other orb. I've done most of the areas too.  It is boring to kill creations for no experience! Thanks for the help.

Edited by Noman

I had a similar problem on my initial playthrough. I found both of the orbs, but managed to lose one. Fortunately, I had some mid game saves to go back to.  I don't know of any way to reset it, though.

What I can say is that (if it's similar to its function in the original Geneforge), the Inner Crypt (which this door gives access to) is not essential for finishing the game. It's just a really hard zone (maybe the hardest in the game) that can give you some extra experience before you have to face off against the thugs at the Guarded Docks.

The original GF2 had a similar near end game zone that had two objects as keys. Lost one of those too. *!@%^*

42 minutes ago, stilltim said:

I had a similar problem on my initial playthrough. I found both of the orbs, but managed to lose one. Fortunately, I had some mid game saves to go back to.  I don't know of any way to reset it, though.

What I can say is that (if it's similar to its function in the original Geneforge), the Inner Crypt (which this door gives access to) is not essential for finishing the game. It's just a really hard zone (maybe the hardest in the game) that can give you some extra experience before you have to face off against the thugs at the Guarded Docks.

The original GF2 had a similar near end game zone that had two objects as keys. Lost one of those too. *!@%^*

I am really good at forgetting to keep an extensive log of saves so I can't load one. I may have sold the first Orb by accident.  Inventory is so limited and there are too many items I wanted to keep in case I might need them in the future. The Orb probably went in my junk bag. I never finished GF2. I like Mutagen better.

1 hour ago, Noman said:

I may have sold the first Orb by accident.  Inventory is so limited and there are too many items I wanted to keep in case I might need them in the future. The Orb probably went in my junk bag.

I suspect this is exactly what happened to the one I lost.

1 hour ago, Noman said:

I never finished GF2. I like Mutagen better.

I always thought GF1 was the best of the series. But, the remake is a big improvement.