Struggling with North Bridge Mines

Hey, I've just got to this part of the game and I'm a bit confused by which type of baton & thorns is appropriate for the purple & green mines. As far as I understand, I am to use a thorn baton of the corresponding colour to the mines. Lahnee, the servile NPC in the N of zone, said he had one to give me, however I couldn't find anything either on the ground or in my inventory. 

Now, I've attempted to use a Thorn Baton (green) equipped with ammo and with combat started (and without) and clicked on the green mines, however it is not a valid selection. I haven't been able to find any info online regarding this. Can someone help me please? Thank you for your time. 

Edited by Bear Arms

• Bear Arms changed the title to Struggling with North Bridge Mines

Thorn batons shoot out thorns - they have nothing to do with mines.

What you need to detonate mines are spore batons. The NPC servile on Northbridge doesn't give you the baton directly - he said there's one in his closet that you can take if you can repair it (you need a few points in mechanics, otherwise your character won't be able to). If successful, that should put a Gray Spore Baton in your inventory.

3 minutes ago, Mechalibur said:

Thorn batons shoot out thorns - they have nothing to do with mines.

What you need to detonate mines are spore batons. The NPC servile on Northbridge doesn't give you the baton directly - he said there's one in his closet that you can take if you can repair it (you need a few points in mechanics, otherwise your character won't be able to). If successful, that should put a Gray Spore Baton in your inventory.

Awesome! I misread what he said completely. I've retrieved the spore baton now and have had fantastic success. Thank you.

There's also the "Mungo just a pawn in the game of life" thickheaded option of just (slowly) walking through the minefield & healing yourself as needed... (which works much better once you find Essence Shield). However there are enough spore batons around that you should be able to get through most everything using them.

Be aware that there are three different colored mines, grey & green are the most usual ones but there are also red ones too.  There's usually a pop up description of what you're facing before you actually walk into the field.