Diarazad - endless sholai patrol spawn ( before certain condition is met ) or just limited but high number of them

Not that I recall that mobs being spawned indefinitely is the norm in other spiderweb games but when I explored diarazad, those sholai patrols seemed to be spawning exactly that way .

so after clearing some quest and just prior to ‘handing in’ the quest for fixed exp gain, I thought I’d revisit those sholai patrol to gain a level before completing the said quest😆. But I only managed to find 2 or 3 stealthed sholai the second time round. So, a finite but high number of them that often result in 2 or 3 of them encountered together or some scripted condition that was triggered which reduced their spawning? I didn’t complete any quest in that map or killed any npc for that matter . 

No, there's about 15-20 of them patrolling around though.  What are you playing as as that will impact tactics?  As an agent I usually stood around where the 4 turrets were near the entrance, fully buffed (recasting when they got down to 1-2 turns left) & waited.  The instant one appeared off in the distance I'd go into fight mode which would usually cause them to use their turn running at me.  That would most of the time bring them within range/close enough that moving 2-3 spaces towards them if needed would still give me the chance at another turn.  Then, if I had it by then, airshock to stun, or if not searer to burn them if/when they ran away.  Occasionally another one would come up on the ongoing combat which could get interesting if the other one wasn't dying quickly enough.

Clearing the zone requires passing through the locked door ... something that 'really' requires airshock or other serious aoe damage.  Not impossible, but not easy until after at least the mid game.  Beyond 'that' is where you'll meet the unending spawners... (iirc)

6 hours ago, TriRodent said:

Clearing the zone requires passing through the locked door ... something that 'really' requires airshock or other serious aoe damage.  Not impossible, but not easy until after at least the mid game.  Beyond 'that' is where you'll meet the unending spawners... (iirc)

I had success doing that at a middle level by siccing as many pyroroamers as I could summon at them 😛