(Spoilers) The creation lore changes for the remake.

10 hours ago, ultra112 said:

I mean Jeff did explicitly mention in the Reddit AMA that there will be more creations like the cockatrice, so it safe to say that the cockatrice will be treated as a different discipline entirely.

I don't think that's safe to say at all. In fact, I'd say that's a huge leap in logic. Nothing about what Jeff says indicates the cockatrice would no longer be a magic creation.

Edited by Mechalibur

Jeff said there will be more creations like the Cockatrice.

You interpret that to mean there will be more creations that, lore-wise, are the result of multiple shaping disciplines being used together, and that this will lead to a new creation category being created.

I interpret that to only mean there will be more new creations, possibly requiring a quest to unlock or upgrade them. I consider the whole "hybrid" thing to be incidental. Future new creations could just as easily be normal fire/battle/magic types.

I also suspect that Jeff's plans are not set in stone at this stage.

14 hours ago, ultra112 said:

Uh I think you are confused in what I meant, what I was referring is that the cockatrice wouldn't be a pure magic creation; but a hybrid shaping creation with magic dominate characteristics, which I thought would basically be a new category entirely for creations that are similar to it

Right, that's what I thought you meant. None of what Jeff said really supports that at all.

1 hour ago, Iguana-on-a-stick said:

I also suspect that Jeff's plans are not set in stone at this stage.

With QW2 as the next Spiderweb (planned) offering, yeah GF2 improvements/ideas are probably pretty flexible at this point...and while I can't wait, sadly I'll have to (of the first GF trilogy, #2 is far & away my favorite).

But on topic (sort of), I really can't see a whole new shaping class being offered for the cockatrice or other future creations as that would really throw the skill point distribution out of balance.  If there were say four shaping disciplines moving forward, you would need to make more skill points available to be able to really let the shapers train in the assorted disciplines/opening up the higher level creations.  However ... those additional skill points would also be need to be available to guardians & agents... both of whom would probably dump them into melee or magic respectively & making them somewhat more powerful at 'x' level than a similar experienced shaper.  Time will tell...

He could perhaps bifurcate an existing (fire, battle, magic) shaping line, such that @ a certain tier, you could choose either A or B. So, say, either a Glaahk or Cockatrice for a Tier 3 magic creation. That at least would offer variety and not force you to worry about strained skill point distributions, like a 4th shaping discipline.

Ok, perhaps I think I'm phrasing it wrong, what I meant that is the cockatrice belongs to the special class category right, I was saying that the special class would end up becoming a thing on it's own, but the skill point distribution will remain unchanged as the cockatrice is connected to the magic shaping skill, so the others like it would be using the same mechanics as the cockatrice did regarding the the shaping skill their connected to