How do charging pools work?

While going through Mutagen, I ran into charging pools for items. While I am aware how they charge items, I was curious if the pools would regain their charge if you were to accidentally use one on the wrong item (per say, charging the FSG rather than the helix braces because you only found two of the pools and assumed each item had a respective pool to charge it)?

I believe each of the 4 pools works only once, so you'd want to focus the 4 charge-ups on either the FSG or Helix Bracer, depending on your build. I just got a 3rd charge on my beloved FSG, and paid closer attention to the text. It says its discharged (the pool's energies), so you can't re-use it, sadly.

20 minutes ago, Your_Humble_Dissenter said:

Well, that loss of the endurance boost hurts, but I guess it could be worse.

If it's any consolation, in 1.0.1, Jeff improved Endurance, including how many points it takes to boost it. One lost point on the Helix Bracer won't be fatal, but I get the frustration.

29 minutes ago, Your_Humble_Dissenter said:

Its mostly the boost to creation endurance that hurts, especially since I have been playing around with battle creations this run.

Can I ask what class you're playing? I've been largely afraid to try the Battle creations much b/c I prefer the creations to have ranged attacks. For my 1st run as Shaper, I focused on Fire w/ a lesser degree of Magic (mainly for the Ur-Glaahk's Dominate late game, along w/ the Cockatrice). For my current run as Guardian, I'm focusing (barely) on Magic; at 15th level I only have 2 solid creations, a Charged Vlish and a Searing Artila, b/c they complement my Guardian. Anyway, my next game will be as an Agent, and I might play around w/ Battle creations then for something different, figuring my own magical attacks (and maybe missile weapons) can handle ranged attacks. We'll see.

I think if I do try them w/ an Agent run, it would be for the novelty, not b/c I think they're optimal or especially complementary. I like to experience different things on different play throughs, to the extent possible, and the GF series in particular always makes me want to play at least 3x, thanks to the different classes.

Edited by BenS

15 minutes ago, BenS said:

I think if I do try them w/ an Agent run, it would be for the novelty, not b/c I think they're optimal or especially complementary. I like to experience different things on different play throughs, to the extent possible

An Agent with zero creations on Veteran or higher is interesting/fun.  A true solo run can be done but it gets interesting/exciting/lots of reloading at times...

29 minutes ago, TriRodent said:

An Agent with zero creations on Veteran or higher is interesting/fun.  A true solo run can be done but it gets interesting/exciting/lots of reloading at times...

I know there's a no creation achievement, but does that only kick in on Veteran or higher? I think if I were going to try that, it would be a Guardian w/ Missile Weapons rather than an Agent, but you sound like you're speaking from xp, so maybe Agent is equally fun/viable. I'm not found of endless reloading, though.

20 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

An Agent Solo on torment is possible. There are only a few places where you might have to reload often. I went a different route through the game to pick ip Airshock and then the game was easier.

Well, I think a Torment run is beyond my skills (or patience), but thinking more about Agent vs missile Guardian solo, I suppose the advantage (maybe not early on) is that the latter doesn't have infinite ammo for Spray Batons, and is otherwise limited to single-target attacks. Whereas the Agent can blast away at a certain point, and Airshock is definitely icing on the cake. Ok, convinced. Maybe if you were pro-Taker, you'd have an easier time waltzing through some difficult maps, too. I could garner 3 achievements that way, too (solo; Taker; Trajkov). Hmm. Maybe I'll try that next game instead of a non-solo Agent, making sure I have good Mechanics & Leadership to help w/ certain boss fights etc.

EDIT: sorry to the OP for turning this into a different thread topic; it wasn't my intent.

Edited by BenS

1 hour ago, BenS said:

know there's a no creation achievement, but does that only kick in on Veteran or higher?

During beta testing I did a solo Agent run on both normal & veteran (normal 1st & got the medal then).  Did the veteran run mainly to make sure that the balance scaled up with the difficulty (it did).  As Randomizer mentioned, picking up Airshock is a game changer/makes things much easier.  Not a huge amount of reloading all things considered.