Obligatory once-in-a-few-years post

Sir Motrax of Exile

Hi Forum! I'm back. I saw this Queen's Wish thing and downloaded it and lost a few hours of my life! Yay!

What else is new around these parts? I see Geneforge is back (that's a remake of the original, yes?). I don't recall Avernum 4/5/6 being here when I last visited. How are they? Why do I even ask... I should just purchase and play. :)

Uhh... I guess that's all I have to say. That, and... hello!

- SMoE

EDIT: Yay! I still have my custom title!

EDIT 2: Also I added a beautiful MS Paint portrait. Now everyone will recognize me around here.

Edited by Sir Motrax of Exile

Hello old person. I mean, long time resident of these boards. I'm not assuming your age. 

Avernum 4 - 6 are great and well worth a purchase/playthrough. If money is tight, they come in the Avernum 1 - 6 bundles on those fancy game sites. I feel like I robbed Jeff because I got 6 amazing games for less than $20.

Geneforge Remake is a grand old time.

14 hours ago, Sir Motrax of Exile said:

Hi Forum! I'm back. I saw this Queen's Wish thing and downloaded it and lost a few hours of my life! Yay!

What else is new around these parts? I see Geneforge is back (that's a remake of the original, yes?). I don't recall Avernum 4/5/6 being here when I last visited. How are they? Why do I even ask... I should just purchase and play. :)

Uhh... I guess that's all I have to say. That, and... hello!

- SMoE

EDIT: Yay! I still have my custom title!

EDIT 2: Also I added a beautiful MS Paint portrait. Now everyone will recognize me around here.

Yay! Nice to see you back. :) Hope the years have been good!

The second Avernum Trilogy play more like modern SW than the older Trilogy, but they're still a lot of fun. They regularly go on sale on Steam, so there's a good chance you can snag them for cheap. And, of course, Jeff still have huge demos so you can try stuff out.

Hi ADoS! It's been a while, hasn't it? You must be like 10,000 years old now! :) Thanks for pointing out that Avernum 4-6 were around... I probably even knew then, but just forgot.

Also, hi Nikki! Did you have a different name? I think you did... but with member numbers gone, I cannot figure out who you were/are. (Ok, even if you had your member number, I probably still would not remember 😝).

Regarding Queen's Wish... there still isn't a range indicator! I still have my archer try to wander halfway around the world because they were one space out of range to just attack! Ugh. This is the single most irritating thing in the entire universe.

Now I have a question about the Avernum bundle. Does the one on GOG (https://www.gog.com/game/avernum_the_complete_saga) include the updated versions of 1-3? It says it includes the "original versions" so maybe that answers my question... if that's the case, is there a bundle where I can get the updated versions? And is it preferable to get it from a different source (i.e., one that pays more to Spiderweb)?

Sorry for all my questions, I really am a senile reptile these days. :/

Edit: Also, hi Chopkinsca! I guess you're new around here, so... welcome!

Edited by Sir Motrax of Exile

3 hours ago, Sir Motrax of Exile said:

Now I have a question about the Avernum bundle. Does the one on GOG (https://www.gog.com/game/avernum_the_complete_saga) include the updated versions of 1-3? It says it includes the "original versions" so maybe that answers my question... if that's the case, is there a bundle where I can get the updated versions? And is it preferable to get it from a different source (i.e., one that pays more to Spiderweb)?

That bundle doesn't include the Avernum 1 - 3 remakes. I assume buying the games straight from this site is the best way if you want Jeff to get most of the money. I don't know much about any cuts that other stores like Steam take.

3 hours ago, Sir Motrax of Exile said:

Edit: Also, hi Chopkinsca! I guess you're new around here, so... welcome!

Thanks. It's weird to be so new here. 

• 6 months later...