Temple Without Ritual

*Minor spoilers*

Just had a bit of a funny moment. I'll avoid giving specifics, but apparently you can get the achievement for the ancient secret of the island without doing that thing you have normally have to do. Found the temple, and noticed that I very quickly died upon entering. I'd never actually beaten the original game, so I didn't know that the temple was connected. I knew that there was a secret, and had a vague idea of that thing you have to do to get it, but I hadn't had the actual secret spoiled. As a result, I didn't know what this temple was. So because I'm ridiculously stubborn, I decided to try brute forcing my way in. Using a combination of healing spells and essence shield, I walked into the building, checked out some rooms, got murdered by spooky boys after going into one, reloaded, and instead just went over to the NPC. Talked with the NPC, got the achievement, and realized what I had done. Whoops.

Edited by WingboltsSuck

I tried to get into the temple by "doing the ritual" as it were, but even touching the 8 total pylons in the correct order (found in the hint manual), I was "rejected" by the final pylon there in the temple. I can brute force my way in I suppose but wondering why the ritual failed? Granted I had (of course!) touched the pylons out of order originally as I came upon them, but thought I'd clear the slate w/ a run in the correct order, all at once. I noticed there was no interaction possible w/ the 4th (Junkyard) & 5th (Western Wastes) pylons; and I'm talking about the ones the map picks out as special, in case there are others there. Very strange.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get into the temple, nail the achievement, learn some interesting backstory, and pick up a nice piece of armor. But I must say, this hidden quest is a little silly, in the sense that short of a walkthrough/spoiler, how would you ever know to touch those pylons in that order, beginning w/ the 1 in the Drayk's Vale? As I had pointed out earlier in the month, it seems like once you touch them out of order, that's it, you can't reset them. Maybe there is a way to reset them but the issue remains, how you'd think to start w/ that particular order...

1 hour ago, Simulated Knave said:

This one still has the shocks. I think the direction the figures on the pylons are moving may also vary depending on which pylon is next. 

Now that you mention it, yes, there were a few shocks in the 1st game, but I was too stupid to think about a pattern.