The Tombs

Spoiler? In the Tombs the coffins will upgrade your various skill and such. When I got there I had used to many canisters, so I wasn't leveling up. . So how many canisters can I use before I can no longer level up using a coffin? Just how many times can you level up anyway using canisters and the coffins? 4? 5?

Thank you

Edited by Faeriemom
don't want to spoil anything

All coffins only work if you have no point, 0. s in the skill they train in. This includes wearing items like the Carnelian Gloves when you look at the one for Mental Magic or Roamertooth Band for Missile Weapons or Quick Action.

These are meant to give you the skills that your classes lacks, but some of them can be gotten by canisters like Magic Shaping in Pentil.

Ah. Thank you. I restarted because I wasn't sure if it was like the other games. Not using spellbooks until you were trained by a trainer 2x. At least I think that's how it worked. But I'm having fun and was probably 1/4-1/3 of the way in. I am loving this game. I just got done replaying Geneforge 5 while I was waiting for Mutagen. I appreciate the help.

There's really no equivalent to "training" in the first Geneforge game. Pretty much all your power comes from canisters, and the stat increases outside of that aren't impeded by canister use.

The sarcophagi are a bit weird, but as long as you hold off on increasing you level 0 skills until you visit the Tombs/South Bridge map, you should be good.