(Massive Spoiler Alert!!!!!!!!!!!) Possibility for Hybrid Shaping

Lore-wise Kyshakks seem to fit the bill on what you're asking about. Hybrid shaping also seems cool from a pure numbers perspective - perhaps if levels in Battle Shaping made creations tankier, Fire Shaping increases ranged damage, Magic Shaping lengthens status effects...something like that.

I land in the camp that finds the advanced abilities of creations a better idea than the diversification of types of creatures.  
Of course the diversification evolved over the span of the Geneforge series. It’ll be interesting to see the advancement and evolution of the remakes (if they occur).

I, with my small voice, shout out for more remakes of this series! :) 

I mean it's possible then again, Jeff did say that there will be creatures similar to the cockatrice appearing; so perhaps we may see more of that in the upcoming remake.

Personal note: I think the Wendigo may fit nicely; probably categorize as Battle shaping primary, then Magic shaping and lastly fire shaping.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, madrigan said:

What I really want is to shape a Servile sidekick. 

This would be cool to have, wonder why it was never done till now.

I'd love to have something like Spore (wishful thinking) but the existing shaping mechanic is already pretty neat - wouldn't have expected it based on the original series.