Sevelin as an Archer

Admiral Snackbar

3 hours ago, Randomizer said:

Sevelin or other Blademaster make excellent archers for the later abilities that can do extra damage, but you don't want to make him exclusively one. When you get swarmed and surrounded, you need to do enough melee damage to break free.

Okay, thanks! He's level 8 for me, and I've put all his stat points into strength so far. Is it okay to do dex for a few levels, or what should I have in mind? And is choosing the "wrong" or un-optimized specialization a deal breaker? Thanks again.

18 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

Dexterity or endurance for resistance to other damage types works fine.

Un-optimized specialization can usually still work out. Equipment can fix some problems when you get near the final items.

Oh, I meant dex for effective bow usage, at least I think that was the required stat. And what is the best specialization choice for this kind of Sevelin build? And can it be re-specced if I chose poorly? Thanks.

Dexterity helps with bows and to evade getting hit by most damage types. Get Archery Training  and Path of the Blade to increase damage in general.

To fix the character save a game

- click on the character and use shift and d to bring up the cheat code box and then enter retrain to reset the character.

59 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

Dexterity helps with bows and to evade getting hit by most damage types. Get Archery Training  and Path of the Blade to increase damage in general.

To fix the character save a game

- click on the character and use shift and d to bring up the cheat code box and then enter retrain to reset the character.

Thank you. Is it too much to focus stat points on strength, dexterity AND endurance for when he has to tank, or does the game give enough points?

1 minute ago, Admiral Snackbar said:

Is it too much to focus stat points on strength, dexterity AND endurance for when he has to tank, or does the game give enough points?

If you're going to focus him on ranged rather than melee, other than an initial point or two in strength, you're probably fine with just letting the automatic point out of every four come around from leveling up (been a while, but no the games won't give you all the points you want, enough to survive, but not enough to do everything in every way).

Definitely some endurance as you're going to want him, once the baddies close in, to be a functional meat shield (as you stand back & hit them with your distance attacks/your other companion beats them from afar as well.  But you should be able to thin the horde out fairly well before things get up close & personal.

• 2 months later...