Autosave is my quicksave? (Bug?)

Like a dummy, I told Dayna in Pentil that the records she was keeping were worthless, which means I can no longer sell any to her. I had quicksaved, accidentally (force of habit), but figured I could just load up an autosave from outside the city and redo the last 15 mins...

Nope.

For some reason, my autosave AND quicksave are in the same position. Has anybody else had the same problem?

I'm assuming that I'm now stuck with these records (and down a nice bit of money), which you know, is fine. It's not worth redoing a couple hours of gameplay considering gold isn't that important in this game. If anybody did have a solution/fix though, I'd be stoked.

If not, learn from my stupidity and remember to make hard saves from time to time... 

Haha, thanks Randomizer. Yep, I know it's a different slot. I suppose I should have said that the two saves are identical. I'd spent perhaps 20 minutes poking around Pentil which doesn't seem *that* long really... Also weird that it saved at literally the exact same spot as my quicksave. 

I guess the question is – is autosave now based on time rather than zones? If so, is there any way to get it NOT be that way! 

Too late to help now, but with 18 save slots available, 'the' first thing I do when entering a new zone is save the game with the zone name.  By the time you get through all 18 slots, you're probably far enough into the game that overwriting the first ones shouldn't be an issue (or you can, on Windows, go into your Documents, find the Spiderweb folder, & copy the save games into a new folder before starting to overwrite them - but that's probably more a beta test thing where you need to run back to check something - almost never used even then so overwrite away...)

Oh, I'll almost certainly start making my own saves. Just caught me off guard – I've been playing SW games for 20 years now, and autosave has always been reserved for entering/leaving zones. Hence why I thought it was a bug!

Semi-related follow up: is there enough gold around to get the 5,000 medal without spam-selling these shaper records? Cus that's all I really care about. :p

3 hours ago, nikki. said:

Semi-related follow up: is there enough gold around to get the 5,000 medal without spam-selling these shaper records? Cus that's all I really care about

Once I stopped getting XP I stopped turning them in (unless I happened to be in Pentil anyway & had some in inventory.  It's not a big deal gold wise

/also ended up with over 700 of the little blue crystals as I just never got around to selling them

//even so, usually ended up with over 10k gold when the game was over

1 hour ago, Invisible Glove said:

I thought the time-based autosave has been in previous games too.  Did I make that up?

Unless the Let's Play video I looked at online was modded, previous games did have time-based autosaves. The posters above who said otherwise were probably referring to the Geneforge series only, or at least the Spiderweb Software games with zones, as opposed to the open-world games.

8 hours ago, Invisible Glove said:

I thought the time-based autosave has been in previous games too.  Did I make that up?

Sorry, I missed this. Definitely wasn't in previous Geneforge games, which is what confused me (and cry "bug!"). It's been a hot minute since I played a Spiderweb game, so I couldn't say for sure with, e.g. Avadon.