(Not a bug) Pentil merchant prices still "Ridiculous" when allied with Obeyers, due to reputation value

EDIT: I originally thought this was a bug having expected "Reasonable" prices in Pentil when allied with the Obeyers according to the Strategy Central atlas, but it turns out your current reputation is what affects merchant prices in faction strongholds, not your alliances. See below.

Title. Has anyone else seen this, so it should be reported to Jeff?

Edited by mikeprichard

Yes, sure on both counts. Living tools cost 96 (confirmed as way too high compared to e.g. "Expensive" at 60 or something), and I am in the faction (can take everything in Pentil with no "NY", and I'm getting Obeyer-specific reactions in dialogues).

Unfortunately, I didn't test the prices (and didn't keep a save) back when I first joined the faction when my rep was in the high 80s to see if it was a bug then too, and now my rep is up to 110+. But again, we separately discussed that reputation shouldn't be relevant, and I absolutely still am an Obeyer.

Thanks all. I was carefully keeping tabs on and cheesing reputation values (per my separate "reputation / joining several factions" topic), so here are the steps to reproduce the issue, if for some reason reputation is buggily affecting prices:

1) Lowered reputation to 89, and obtained Feed Control Four quest.
2) Raised reputation to 94 (through a dialogue option with Rydell), then turned in quest and joined faction.
3) Raised reputation to 110, and only then noticed the three Pentil merchants' prices were "Ridiculous", both in the text label and in actual fact. Also confirmed I am still allied with the Obeyers (all Pentil items are still free to take, and all dialogue in Pentil and elsewhere confirms my alliance). Note it is possible the prices were also "Ridiculous" earlier, but I don't have an older save to test.

Edited by mikeprichard

It doesn't, unfortunately. You need to run the numbers in your head (I'm not aware of an easy way to check a save file or run a code to do a check) based on the "opinion" changes from your dialogue and quest choices listed in the Atlas. More related information is here: https://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/topic/26282-gf1-mutagen-reputation-joining-several-factions/.

Ah, OK! We were making some incorrect assumptions over at https://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/topic/26282-gf1-mutagen-reputation-joining-several-factions/ and in the Atlas, then. This was also how reputation worked in original Geneforge 1, so makes sense.

Edited by mikeprichard

• mikeprichard changed the title to (Not a bug) Pentil merchant prices still "Ridiculous" when allied with Obeyers, due to reputation value