Not a bug: canister didn't work on my Shaper (minor spoiler)

BenS

Unless there's a hidden mechanism I am unaware of (say, you can only use so many # of canisters per level), there is a bug w/ the Missile Weapons canister in the Ruined School, as I used it but did not see any change to Missile Weapons (which remained at zero) when I looked at my character screen shortly thereafter. This was last night, and I checked my character's stats this morning as well, just in case there was some weird lag; still shows zero points in Missile Weapons. The other 2 canisters in there not only worked, but are reflected in my character screen.

Yes, many canister effects were changed from original G1, and several canisters (as well as many other stat boosts - Jeff really pared them down compared to the original) were removed altogether. The Ruined School canister is indeed Agility now. Make sure to review the Strategy Central docs to confirm the correct info for Geneforge 1: Mutagen.

29 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

The canister name in the text is Agility, but it mentions that it increases missile weapon damage in the description,.

I could have sworn the canister name, where you choose whether to use it or not, was actually Missile Weapons. But I don't have a save close to that point, so I can't prove it. I'll remember to double-check for my 2nd game, likely a few weeks away. Thanks.

56 minutes ago, Mechalibur said:

Just did that area on my latest playthrough - it said Agility. I think you were looking at the description like Randomizer auggested.

Sounds like good enough confirmation for me, thanks. One thing related to this I found odd was that my Agility didn't move from 3 (I had mistakenly thought it was base 2 for Shaper) to 4 until sometime after the fact. I think I'll start looking at stats immediately after using canisters that raise them, to see if this kind of lag happens again.

• BenS changed the title to Not a bug: canister didn't work on my Shaper (minor spoiler)