Geneforge 1 – Mutagen Cheat Codes?

RedBeard

Try these:

showmeall - Show all characters on the map.
dontshowmeall - Stop showing all characters on the map.
fps - Toggles on/off the FPS meter.
retrain - Removes all of your trained skills and refunds all of your skill points.
healmenow - Heal your group.
rechargeme - Recharge your essence and energy.
backtostart - Takes you out of the region you are in and sends you to first region.
iamweak - Gives you some experience.
iampoor - Get some money.
clearthisarea - Turns the current area green on the world map.
location - Get the number of the zone you are in and the coordinates where your main character is.
forgiveme - Makes all of the areas in the game forget your crimes, like stealing
igotarock - Gives your main character a rock.
iloveserviles - Increases Servile Reputation
ihateserviles - Decreases Servile Reputation

I think most of these disable achievement eligibility

10 hours ago, Mechalibur said:

retrain - Removes all of your trained skills and refunds all of your skill points.
backtostart - Takes you out of the region you are in and sends you to first region.
location - Get the number of the zone you are in and the coordinates where your main character is.
forgiveme - Makes all of the areas in the game forget your crimes, like stealing

Thank you so much Friend!

Can wait to enjoy another gem from Jeff!

12 hours ago, Mechalibur said:

Try these:

Is there cheat to recharge essence to full again?

essence takes massive hit with creature creation! and there is no way to get it back up

1 hour ago, RedBeard said:

Is there cheat to recharge essence to full again?

essence takes massive hit with creature creation! and there is no way to get it back up

That's the way it works - essence you use to make creations is permanently tied up until those creations are gone.  Best answer is to train in Essence Mastery (so maybe use the retrain cheat code if you would like to rethink your skill point allocations).

2 hours ago, Micawber said:

That's the way it works - essence you use to make creations is permanently tied up until those creations are gone.  Best answer is to train in Essence Mastery (so maybe use the retrain cheat code if you would like to rethink your skill point allocations).

So if I wanted a more powerful creature, I will have to kill my previous creature and then get then next one?

that really sucks!

even though my previous creature was not that powerful, I was quite attached to it as its helped my life in few close quarter. It really sucks canablizing it.

No, you can have up to 6 (?) creations at any one time.  What you need to do is put a few skill points into 'essence mastery' which will give you more essence to work with (or if you have your creation all tricked out with all sorts of special abilities, take away some of them & that will return essence available (most of mine only have one or two special abilites - such as giving artilas ranged attack & the speed bonus, nothing else)).

The above mentioned 'retrain' will reset your skill points if you want to readjust things

The limit on creations is 7, but as others mentioned, you'll need enough essence to maintain them - this is probably the core mechanic of the game, and very intentional. But I hear you how it can be a bummer to need to "absorb" your little buds in order to create new ones... just don't name them! This is part of the ethical dilemma weaving throughout the series: what are the consequences of one being having complete control over another? I usually play as agents or guardians in very small part for this reason - I just don't dig shaping then disposing of armies of creatures on a whim, though - as part of the ethical conundrum - it certainly makes the game easier (as Jeff himself clearly indicates in the class creation slides).

Edited by mikeprichard

I have a confession to make.  Throughout all the six versions/chapters this is the first time I have 'ever' played as a Shaper.  Just never wanted to because of similar mental reservations.  Generally I'd play as an Agent who would 'very' rarely shape a meat shield for some really tough fight.  Even when beta testing, the first two run throughs were as an Agent (love the 'didn't bother to create anything' medal - earned it both times (different difficulty levels), third as a Guardian, and finally this last one as a Shaper.

First thought as a Shaper... "Holy crap this is easy... maybe I should have done this before"

Anyway, we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...

(it's kind of funny too that I'd have reservations here about building a squad to help me survive & yet, in say Grim Dawn, I have zero problems mowing down 'everything' outside of the safe zones/cities.  Thousands & thousands of beings being blown up/incinerated/poisoned/etc ... nah, we're good...)

Totally agree, TriRodent - I've never done a full playthrough of any Geneforge game as a Shaper either. Was initially planning to finally do so this time, but I ended up with a Guardian, just with a couple fyoras to toast my way through the isle. Not looking forward to maybe eventually needing to absorb them, though... Also, weird moral qualms aside, playing as a Shaper seems way too easy!

/derailment of topic

Edited by mikeprichard

2 hours ago, mikeprichard said:

Ha, no thanks... I messed around with higher difficulties in other Spidweb games, and just found the enemy HP bloat extremely tedious. Jeff might have made some tweaks to make the harder difficulties more interesting since then, but... I'm good!

He has actually. Since Avadon 3, Jeff has changed his philosophy on game difficulty - it's no longer just inflated stats, now higher difficulties give enemies more abilities and enable friendly fire. It's definitely better than torment on some of the earlier games.

3 hours ago, alhoon said:

For those that say that playing as a Shaper is too easy... there's always the veteran and torment difficulty.

Who says I'm not (veteran) : - P (old school, none of this enforced smilie faces for me...)

/of course I do have the benefit of this being my fourth full run through the game & know where not to take my gang at first...

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 10:23 AM, Mechalibur said:

He has actually. Since Avadon 3, Jeff has changed his philosophy on game difficulty - it's no longer just inflated stats, now higher difficulties give enemies more abilities and enable friendly fire. It's definitely better than torment on some of the earlier games.

First thing I noticed was the addition of abilities and mechanics, I think health barely changes with difficulty, but enemies deal more damage and have their secondary and tertiary abilities on veteran and torment, respectively. Shapers are also a bit more balanced as you can't just add points of intelligence to avoid creations going rogue, and you can't pump stats with essence. Best thing though is experience loss with leveled creations, since creations no longer level up from battle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/24/2021 at 4:03 PM, Mechalibur said:

Try these:

As the above info is tentatively linked in G2: Infestation Strategy Central as likely still current, I just confirmed that all of the above codes seem to work (though I haven't yet fully tested the actual results of the "forgiveme" code, it did give a pop-up message suggesting it had worked). I'm not sure whether there are additional codes (outside other debug-type stuff like "gsdf") in G2:I, however.

Also, a suggestion - at least in G2:I, "iloveserviles" sets your reputation to 80, while "ihateserviles" sets it to 120. If this was also the case for G1: Mutagen, it may be relevant to note these specific numbers in the post above since other information on the forums goes into detail on exact rep values, including rep values needed to join factions/recruit NPCs/do other stuff. Thanks!

EDIT: At least according to my old G1: Mutagen notes, it seems the reputation scale was the opposite of G2: Infestation's, such that rep > 100 was pro-servile, and rep < 100 was pro-Shaper. It therefore may have been the case that the codes in G1:M set the "love"/"hate" values to 120/80 respectively, but this is just educated guesswork since I don't currently have G1:M installed to test.

Edited by mikeprichard