Backer Contributions

Sudanna

I would assume that the forums have at least a couple other higher-level backers on them. What'd you add, if anything? Personally, I paid to add an NPC to the game: it's the servile with a flute, if you ever find him(unless that art gets reused, in which case he's one of the serviles with flutes). He's a moderately oblique reference to something obscure, hopefully in a classy kind of way. The new cockatrice-esque creation was also largely based on my suggestion, which I've not had sufficient chance to brag about yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I added the Helix bracer. Its a nifty item that takes some exploration to make it do anything.
Jeff didnt quite hit the vision i had when i first suggested it, but i do like how it turned out. Its main function is shared by another item so you have to choose one or the other really, but the other is really niche (and cool). I just wished it looked like a DNA strand >.<

If you know where and how to get it's bonuses effectively it can be very good until you acquire better items for your setup.  I know there are some items blatantly better for any melee focused user, as the Bracer is very much a generalist item with a slight bias towards creation heavy playthroughs. I dont know if there are many items for that slot that are amazing for magic users, i didnt may much attention since i was determined to use *MY* item the whole run.

I hope i get the chance to add more items in the next 4 remakes, i want an entire line of Helix gear through all of them.

I liked it as an Agent too since it helped with some other things. There are always other items for that slot that are better for some situations.

I backed the Feisty Slap Gloves, but they take much longer to be useful and too many things negate melee Guardians being as effective as in the older games,.

from Seinfeld:

(George double-dips a chip, and Timmy rushes over to him after seeing what he did)
Timmy: What are you doing?
George: What?
Timmy: Did...did you just double-dip that chip?
George: Excuse me?
Timmy: You double-dipped the chip!
George: Double-dipped? What are you talking about?
Timmy: You dipped the chip, you took a bite, and you dipped again.
George: So?
Timmy: That's like putting your whole mouth right in the dip! From now on, when you take a chip, just take one dip and end it!

I havent gotten a chance to use the slap gloves. I made one playthrough as a shaper with my bracers, and i tried to do a guardian (twice, before and after the shaper) but got burnt out with how stupid hard it was on normal and i kept getting, repeatedly, series of misses that technically should have had a sub 1/10000 or less chance of occuring. At one low point i pulled a double quick action triple miss against an enemy with ~5 hp remaining 3 turns in a row and died.

Im glad Jeff fixed that evasion bug, i knew something was wrong with accuracy as a guardian but i wasnt one who reported it.

Ill probably wait for the full release to try again though.

Also, artillas are OP, and im trying not to use them on a guardian run. Its difficult.

Edited by OmegaNecros

I've played more guardians on torment then I want to remember because Jeff kept changing something. I'm the reason Jeff kept weakening guardian abilities after I was having it too easy.

The evasion bug made it harder than it should, but you can get through with a few creations. Usually fyoras or cryoas work well enough. Battle creations just never last. Now I understand why I was doing better with area effect attacks instead of single target attacks. I was seeing the same types of misses that you did.

46 minutes ago, alhoon said:

And where is the dippable item? I have not found any such things in my demo playthrough... 

I haven't played the demo so I don't know if that area is included, but there's no way you'd be strong enough to get them with demo level characters...so you're gonna have to wait a couple of weeks 😛

3 hours ago, Randomizer said:

None are in the current demo. You probably missed one at the end in the Geneforge Research Complex.

I am 99% sure I cleared the whole of it. There were pools but I didn't get a note about a "blessing pool" or what it is... Just  the usual stuff about essence and healing pools.