A3: guarded tunnel bug?

I paid the thieves guild guy the 3000c(??) he asked for , but when I enter the tunnel, the guards attack me anyway. I tried to go buy it again, but it isn't an option anymore, so I had to kill the guys to get in. I didn't lose any rep for it, but was there anything interesting to be found out from the guys in the inn? Anyone else have the same problem? confused

• 3 weeks later...

well, as you have already killed there is perhaps no going in the past... though you can fix it (I'm not exactly 100% sure) with character editor. However, why save them when you get a load of goodies in the tunnel, & none of the people in there are good, so you dont loose any rep. Think of yourself as Terminator-2, doing this for the cause of the empire. laugh

It's also easier to get through if the thieves tell you about the button you have to press. Falling through the bridge a few times and going back to make it substantial works, but it's hardly pleasant.

—Alorael, who isn't sure what would make the thieves attack after you buy passage. It's possible that they stay hostile if you enter the tunnel and fight them, then leave and buy permission, then return.

I got it the second time. My comment was in reference to My Quasimodo's post about the benefits of paying the thieves off. In addition to not having to fight, you also don't have to stumble through by trial and error.

—Alorael, who isn't usually so unobservant as to miss the point of a topic three times running. If he does that, it is obviously deliberate and doubtlessly for the greater good.