Troglo / Giant barrier

The Giant Cave complex has a map hidden away that shows the entrance of the Barrier on the east side of the mountains. You can't find the entrance without getting the map.

Bringing down the Barrier finishes the Troglodyte/Giant quest and finding the evidence is helpful. It also now lets you explore the rest of Castle Troglo.

To see Prazac, I think, you need to have finished at least 3 plague quests. Or was it 4. I don't know. Go flying off the bridge ere the other side I see.

6 hours ago, Randomizer said:

To see Prazac, I think, you need to have finished at least 3 plague quests. Or was it 4. I don't know

I know that it's not four because I've finished the game before without doing all of the golem one.  Usually by the time I'm strong enough to head that far north to see her I've done/wrapped up the troglo/giant so that would make three.  Maybe, if I remember, in a year or two when I decide to play again I'll try to see if I can get in to see the princess with only two plagues solved.

Hmmm, I wonder if you can get in with two if you do the 'bypass the guy at the door & go up & around' way into Prazac's throne room.

Of course to do that you would have to be a decently high level just to have the tool use/dispel barrier/etc to go that way so you probably were strong enough to defeat the giants anyway.

54 minutes ago, Everett Goldner said:

where do I pick up DIspel Barrier 3

Have you found the assorted dragons yet?

(I'm 'not' knocking your asking the question - really - but at the top of every game's forum there's usually one or more stickied "Strategy Central" links that take you to threads that talk about "How do I get/do 'x'?", discussions of if 'x' skill is better than 'y', and other random ... well, strategy ... discussions.  An amazing resource if you dig into it (lots of spoilers too so beware))

When I've looked through the Strategy Central threads in the past it's been bullet points that don't help with specific situations, so I end up asking here. I've been to the 2 dragon lairs that are inside one complex on a dual level, but haven't gotten in to actually talk to the dragons, or found any spell books. Closed off gates, "you can't do this right now" messages.

Khoth's Library has the spell books and you need to talk to the other dragon to get access to the closed off areas.

I'm sure Prazac's throne room door never opens without the permission of that guy. One of those Stuff Done Flags that needs the proper event to trigger it.

1 hour ago, Everett Goldner said:

I've been to the 2 dragon lairs that are inside one complex on a dual level

There are three dragons there, walk past the closed gates to get to a ramp that leads to the next dragon.

I kind of like the bullet points as they get me to the right area without (usually) spoiling exactly how/what I need to do to get there.  That sill lets me play the game without just following "go to 'x' & press 'y', after that you head to 'z' & talk to 'a', from there go to 'b' & do 'c', etc..  'those' I save for when I'm really stuck & can't figure things out.

40 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

I'm sure Prazac's throne room door never opens without the permission of that guy. One of those Stuff Done Flags that needs the proper event to trigger it.

The door next to him sure, but there is the other set of doors that you can go through to get to the throne room.  I wonder if they're keyed to the same 'you need to have done three plagues' before you can get in that way.

The contrarian in me usually enters that way even though I would get in if I asked his permission.  It's more so I can (mentally) say to him on the way out "Permission? But I've already seen her..." and watch the confusion

• 5 months later...

IIRC the map is in the 'treasure/boss room' (for lack of a better term) underneath the giant cave with four different tribes.  You need to get into the room through the push button puzzle (access to which, again iirc, is after a fight on the far left of the same map/area).  Once you kill the assorted baddies, the map showing the location to the entrance is in one of the chests.

Back to iirc territory, the map was on a piece of paper that was in your inventory & 'not' a special item (so it wouldn't show up there).  Even if you no longer have the map, you should be able to now find/see the barrier entrance (just slightly west of the Lenny & Squiggy towns over on the eastern coast.