Geneforge Mutagen spoiler thread

tristram

I tried to see if this was already somewhere and I found a non-spoiler thread but not this. Apologies if it exists. Anyway:

I am very excited about Geneforge Mutagen. Especially all the creations you can make. If the ending rules are the same as for Geneforge 1, should I expect the number of canisters I have used to have a large effect on the game's ending? Geneforge 4 had it such that if you used more than (I think?) 7, you got endings mentioning you were more unstable. That's actually a really cool mechanic and if anything, I'd like it to be in Mutagen. But at the same time, if there are no Shaper trainers on the island so the only way to get new skills, with a few exceptions, is via canisters, I doubt I'll be using that few of them. The artila is a personal favorite and I don't know what it's advanced form is but I know I want to find out, and the drayk/cryodrayk are personal favorites. Glaark's are cool too. Battle Alphas and Thaad's are neat. Clawbugs are cute little guys. You got the good old reliable fyora. The list goes on.

Was there a number of canisters in the original Geneforge 1 that caused endings to go south or not so much?

No, in original G1 it was pretty much assumed you were going to use canisters.  Whether or not you used the Geneforge had a big impact on the ending, though.

I would expect the same thing in the remake -- but who knows!  Sounds like plenty of other mechanics are changing, too.

4 minutes ago, Sealing Librarian said:

No, in original G1 it was pretty much assumed you were going to use canisters.  Whether or not you used the Geneforge had a big impact on the ending, though.

I would expect the same thing in the remake -- but who knows!  Sounds like plenty of other mechanics are changing, too.

Oh yeah! I do remember that about the Geneforge itself. Honestly, a lot of the endings seemed excellent. Tho I forget what happened with that other shaper guy. I never successfully finished Geneforge 2. The way items had weight in your inventory just made it unplayable for me. Looking forward to that remake maybe more so than this one even. But first thing's first! Cannot wait until February.