Mage with No Name

This board has no search option so forgive me if this was asked before.

The Mage with No Name for the Ring of Endless Magery quest does not appear in any of my Avernum 3 games. I am familiar with him and where he should appear from Exile III but so far I have played Avernum 3 three times but never got my ring. Why isn't he appearing?

I am aware that he moves from Krizsan to Delan and I know the rooms. I don't think this is a technical problem but if it helps I am running the latest version (though I couldn't find him in earlier versions either) and I have a mac.

Thanks for any help.

Maybe he got eaten by a slime? I don't suppose it helps much but he's still there in my copy of A3, although it drives me crazy sometimes trying to find him. Maybe you were unlucky with your choice of day. I believe he is in Krizsan 1/3 of the time and Delan 1/3 of the time and nowhere at all the remaining 1/3 of the time.

The "search" command is near the top of the page, by the buttons which allow you to post a reply or start a new topic and so on. It's pretty useless, though.

I suggest you buy some food and settle in by one of your target towns where you're certain he'll appear. Then you can just check in every day and see if you've gotten lucky.

His ban is not permanent and threads don't belong to the starter. That said, I would sleep better knowing that those lyrics killed the thread.

—Alorael, who also can't see the need to announce a topic's death. That's dangerously close to exhumation and draws more attention to things best left buried like, for instance, horrific lyrics.

Useless Thread

You began life with a purpose.

Alas, your time was short.

People just didn't know when to stop

And now you're on life support.

What to do now but

Abort! Abort! Abort!

Your last posts are nothing but spam

And I read them with a sigh.

Could we make you useful again?

Well, we could try.

But, honestly, I'd rather watch you