Theory on Sequels

Yza

I feel sad whenever I finish a game I am so immersed in. lol it's why I love Spiderweb games I feel like the game pulls me into its world, not just some fancy graphics and visual effects like the AAAgames usually have but lacking in story. So anyway, I've just finished QW and I have some theories on the possible sequel of the game. But perhaps Queen's wish 3 lol QW 2 would probably be in another continent or about the King? But QW 3 my theory is that, Queen Sharyn's third mistake/failure is Sutter XD I don't really dislike him... I just have a weird feeling about him lol. Perhaps, Queen Sharyn sees what I see in Sutter too and when she dies, she gives Delia the throne instead--- making Sutter a villain for QW 3, since he'd been raised to believe he'd be the king and some more background story about Sutter XD Maybe Sutter has a different dad, too, idk hahaha. And he'd make you choose to follow him or follow Delia. Just some musings while I was reading my final encounters with Sutter and the Queen.

Or some plot twist the third mistake is you/me/the player XD

I got this code btw xflfplahbron

Edited by Yza

That's a good theory - Sutter takes great offense if you state your intention to rule Haven, and it's very possible Queen Sharyn isn't convinced he would make a good ruler. It is also conspicuous that there are no mentions of the character's father at all. I get the feeling Sharyn will either die at the end of 2 or the beginning of 3, and the final game will be about claiming the throne for yourself.

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2020 at 11:39 AM, Mechalibur said:

That's a good theory - Sutter takes great offense if you state your intention to rule Haven, and it's very possible Queen Sharyn isn't convinced he would make a good ruler. It is also conspicuous that there are no mentions of the character's father at all. I get the feeling Sharyn will either die at the end of 2 or the beginning of 3, and the final game will be about claiming the throne for yourself.

I was neutral - nice to Sutter in my dialogues with him but I might do another run to see the other replies/ending XD But yeah, I don't remember the game ever mentioning the King. Yes, I was thinking that, too~ that Sharyn will eventually replaced at some point, but I think it might be Delia. Also, Sutter being a ruler is questionable since the title of the game itself is Queen's Wish. I think somewhere along the line Delia would be the ruler (plus your relationship with her is not strained like your relationship with Sutter).

On 1/23/2021 at 8:53 PM, Yza said:

Also, Sutter being a ruler is questionable since the title of the game itself is Queen's Wish

I wouldn't lock yourself into that theory for the entire run of however many chapters there are moving forward.  The premise of the story is that it was the Queen's wish for you to get off your royal butt & get out of her castle & be productive for once.  That sets the stage for your biography moving forward, and thus the title of the story.  There's nothing to say that background events can/can't have/or not have an impact on what 'you' are off doing at any one particular moment/chapter in the story.  Nor is there any indication that the line of succession is matriarchal rather than 1st born (which iirc was leaning towards Sutter to begin with as he was the oldest (been a while since I've played QW)).

So long way of saying ... don't worry about it for now as 1) we just don't know what Jeff has planned for the future & 2) the line of succession probably won't have much story impact ... yet.  Who knows, Chapter 3/QW3 may be you returning from your adventures, be disgusted with what happened to the kingdom in your absence (after the death of your mother) & you start in insurrection against your brother and/or sister ... only to find yourself tossed into a magical portal with your faithful sidekicks Erika, Patrick, Rone, etc & sent to a deep cave system...

Probably not, but at this point we just don't know.

Edited by TriRodent
Edit: I'll swear on whatever you hold holy that I did 'not' go re-read the above speculation thread & EE's theories until after I posted my latest ramblings... really, I didn't