Governor of Mirba

Yza

Okay, so I sided with the Owens. I didn't want to destroy the Thablen Pass and injure innocent people but I did T.T And now the Owens can't seem to be pacified and there's lots of looting and banditry everywhere in the vol. When I visited Mirba, it said that the governor was assassinated and this made me sad lol I mean, on the surface and based on my interactions with him, he seemed like a good guy. But he was not spared. I was wondering IF I HAD given him the letters I found in Castle Andesite (Dorothy's letters), could he have used that as a leverage and be spared? 

I decided to use my soldiers to keep the peace in Vol, increasing the thievery percentage to 35%, is there anything I can do to lower that or it's how things are supposed to play out now since there's no more quests in that region. When I made a treaty with the Owens I insisted to be merciful towards the Mascha, although years of slavery, I can understand the hatred and thirst for vengeance the Owens have. Still, they agreed to what I asked, but somehow their soldiers are still murdering every Mascha they could find.

Anyway, I'm just really wondering about the Governor of Mirba. Anyone here had tried giving the letter to him instead of giving it to Dorothy? 

3 hours ago, Yza said:

is there anything I can do to lower that

Have you upgraded your forts/built barracks in each? I think that clearing out the assorted wandering monsters (outdoor encounters) will help a little bit too.  Other than that, iirc there's not much you can do about the thievery % given that the area is essentially in the middle of a civil war & chaos is the norm.

I don't remember about the letter, sorry (been a while since I've gone through QW)

47 minutes ago, TriRodent said:

Have you upgraded your forts/built barracks in each? I think that clearing out the assorted wandering monsters (outdoor encounters) will help a little bit too.  Other than that, iirc there's not much you can do about the thievery % given that the area is essentially in the middle of a civil war & chaos is the norm.

I don't remember about the letter, sorry (been a while since I've gone through QW)

Hi, yes all have been upgraded and I finished all the quest. I'm doing the Nisse area now. It increased after I chose to keep the peace in Vol, thinning out my soldiers for merchants/caravans' protection. 

As for the letter, it's okay ty for the reply :) I hope someone have tried this, tho, I'm so curious about it, but I've overwritten my saved file on that >_<; 

As apparently neither I nor anyone else can 'like' comments any longer, consider this a notification of a 'like' to your previous post & an acknowledgement that I saw it... sigh {shakes head sadly & wanders back to what I really should be doing instead of goofing off on the internet...}

Edited by TriRodent
Off should have two 'f's rather than one...

I don't believe there's any way to get your theft chance down to 0% if you side with the Owen. If you side with the Mascha, meanwhile, the thievery chance won't go up at all. I think it's supposed to represent just how massive of a shift to Vol's economy and governance you're causing by siding with the rebels. It really sort of hammers in the difficulty of making the right choice (The Owen) vs the practical choice (The Mascha).