Completely lost at A3 Golem's Storyline

So,

I first smashed three "power crystals" (east, west and south). I couldn't figure how to get to the walled north spire.

Then I went to the main dungeon itself. After an extremely painful experience with beams/mirrors puzzles (read below for detail on that experience) and randomly fighting golems, I got a key to the upper level of the dungeon. There, after an even more painful puzzle experience, I reached a Control Panel and switched everything to "off" (or similarly sounding words).

So............. What I'm supposed to do now?

PS.: I'll also use the opportunity to provide feedback on "beams/mirrors puzzles" (you know, a red/blue beam bars or damages you and you have to push mirrors to direct them correctly).

They're awful. Awful. Terrible. Stupid. I can't even come up with a negative enough word to describe them. If there's one thing that would prevent me from recommending an Avernum game to someone, is this terrible "puzzle" thinghy. That's why I'd recommend Avernum1 and Avernum2 to anyone, but I'd never, ever, recommend the third installment (the third game's very silly plot is a secondary reason; "what if the player controlled a party of 4 super-janitors? Let's make the third game about that").

Puzzles are supposed to be... puzzling. Avernum3's beams/mirrors are not puzzling, they're incredibly annoying because the interface you control the mirrors with is awful. Even  long after you already know where each mirror should be, actually pushing them there is an experience that could bring tears of frustration to even the most reasonable human being. I can't fathom as to why would any game designer put these things in a game.
In the Blades of Avernum's Za Khazi Run scenario everything was slightly less awful because there was a "enter combat mode but controlling only this character" key. Now even that is gone...

Sorry for the very harsh words :(
I really love the Avernum series, but... man, this "beams/mirrors" hell is unbearable.

Edited by ontermau

Sorry in advance. The older versions let you do things differently.

The next part is to go to the lowest level from the main level and block the beams with mirrors so you can now exit to the north to smash the last power crystal.

Then it is go to the top level and move some more mirrors around to destroy the last crystal. 

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. You won't need it to move mirrors. :)

Ah, thanks a lot! Turns out after getting mixed up with the dreadful beams/mirrors I almost forgot that there was a previously blocked stairway up to get to the north spire...

I was able to move on with the storyline with way fewer beams and mirrors to torment me

Edited by ontermau