Exile in 16-bit Windows

Warrior Mage

As I told already, I tried to install Exile games in Win 3.1 VM. Yesterday, I exactly tried E1:EFTP. The setup went smoothly and after I install it and launch the game, the game gets stuck in the intro screen and doesn't proceed further. I used a tool to convert the setup I installed in the host to a .iso file and installed it in the VM. Is there any step I'm missing or is it like simple v2.0 of Exile doesn't support 16-bit? Please help me. And, I didn't uncompress anything in the VM like told in the Description of Exile in the game page. Is there any separate 16-bit version?

Where did you download your version of Exile?

I remember back in 2001 when I first installed the Exile game demos from a 1000 computer game disk, that I couldn't get Exile 1 and 2 to run, but Exile 3 worked fine. However the full games bought from this site installed and ran fine for Windows 3.1.

Old versions of the first two Exile games can be found in that link and read through the entire topic to see the version differences and how to transfer registrations. Scroll down to Lavacopter's post from November 30, 2016 for Mediafire downloads.

1 hour ago, Warrior Mage said:

Hello? Can't hear you people.

Hi Warrior Mage, please don't double-post (that is, post twice in a row in the same topic) unless you have a really good reason to. The fact that nobody has responded in a few hours does not constitute a really good reason. Wait a few days. If nobody responds by then, post "bump" to put the thread back at the top of the list and make sure that people know that you're still in need of a response.

I realize that you may not know this, but your post comes off as sarcastic, which also is not really consistent with the forum guidelines and makes people less likely to want to help you.

Yeah, I realize that I should not have double-posted and apologies for that. I installed many games at that time so that I wanted also Exile in the machine quickly. And, as you told still I am in need of an answer. Exile is old but not unsupported as still it has a big community dedicated to itself.

The problem isn't a lack of community, but that this is a relatively quiet period where most people don't come by to read posts and reply. Several people that have posted in the past about installing games on virtual machines are just no longer around. Things will be this way until the end of the year when we get closer to the next game release.