Resources static

Sunking

So I  have completed all resource-generation quests. However, I am netting 0 iron and 0 stone each resource cycle somehow. I tried shipping some in to the port city but one resource disappears before the other arrives, as I have negative income on those resources. So I cannot upgrade or build anything (except the cosmetic stuff). How can I fix this? Meanwhile the money has piled up to a huge amount, can I just buy iron and stone somewhere outright without mining it?

Edited by Sunking

If you don't keep exploring new areas, then your resource generation stops temporarily. So don't spend too much time resting up in forts or inns.

There are merchants that have limited amounts of stone, wood, and iron that you can buy, but not enough to build more than a few shops for your forts.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It doesn't help you understand the games.  :)

You can also tear down buildings that you have already built (without having to pay the initial building costs all over again if you want them again).  If you do have a large amount of money saved up then you could probably disable the distiller/baker & miller (in that order as you can't have the first two without the other) to free up those resources.  Not sure how much iron that would free up but stone should improve.

Also in each of the 2nd forts who will trade one of that area's resource for one of each of the others.  'Not' a good use of your resources but in an absolute pinch (this won't work for you right now as you don't have any of two different resources)

Hello Sunking,

Removing buildings sounds like it should solve your problem! Generally speaking, having negative resource income in Queen’s Wish is not a good situation to find yourself in – any additional resources you acquire will simply disappear into your deficit.

In order the remove fort improvements, first stand next to the improvement you want to remove. Note that I don’t mean the building in which it is housed, but the little square of terrain that contains the person you interact with. Click on the ‘Place Buildings and Shops’ icon. Now, click on the improvement you want to remove. A little cancel icon should appear. Click this button and the improvement should be gone!

Note that you’ll only see a change in your income after the next round of income/expenditure comes in. You still need to pay for the work the improvement did during the current cycle, after all!

If you found this difficult to figure out, then please do let Spiderweb software know about it! The company is very good at listening to criticism like this, and they might just change things around for the next installment. If they don’t know, they can’t do anything about it! If you’d like to, you can send Spiderweb an email at this address (for reference, I’m including the more general address for comments, rather than the technical support address):

spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com

P. S. Since you accidentally posted twice, I’ve removed one of the duplicates.

Thanks, good to hear improvements can be removed. As you imply, the process is apparently rather cryptic, and I appreciate your effort to describe it.

However, I do not understand what this means:

"the little square of terrain that contains the person you interact with"

Can you clarify?

34 minutes ago, TriRodent said:

Are you sure it was an accident,  he may have been trying to see if he could zero out his forum resources after all...

I don't understand this. I was not aware I had posted anything twice, it was certainly an accident. I don't know anything about forum resources or how to manage them. Can you point me to a FAQ or somesuch that explains this, I did not see anything like that in the rest of the forums here, thanks.

Just now, Sunking said:

I don't understand this. I was not aware I had posted anything twice, it was certainly an accident. I don't know anything about forum resources or how to manage them. Can you point me to a FAQ or somesuch that explains this, I did not see anything like that in the rest of the forums here, thanks.

Just a very weak topical joke following the rather thin line of logic that you apparently double posted something (using up forum resources) & that by removing one you got some back (or were trying to zero out one type like what happened in your game)...

1 minute ago, TriRodent said:

Go 'into' the shop/building.  From there click on the build icon down on the bottom of the screen & follow above directions.

(little square of terrain' footprint of the shop that you placed a while ago)

Ok, here is what I did.

1) Walked into the bakery.

2) Touched the Build icon.

3) The Buy Fort Facilities interface comes up.

4) I touched the Bakery icon.

Result: Nothing happens.

Using a iPad version

4 minutes ago, TriRodent said:

There should be a circle with a line through it somewhere on the build screen, click on that.

No circle with a line through it appears anywhere in the Buy Fort Facilities interface.

If I go to the Place Terrain interface, I do see this in connection to the procedure: "Select placed terrain to remove or change it." But how to do that remains a mystery.

Edited by Sunking

Ok, I started up the game.

Go into the shop that you want to remove.  Click on the shop area - 'not' the person that you interact with.  A 'remove' circle should show up then right below the shopkeeper.  The build screen doesn't have anything to do with it (other than once removed, that shop being available to build should show up over there)

Thanks. Just tried that but no remove circle appears when I click on the shop area. If I click on the wooden floor, my character moved to that spot. If I click on the stone area where the shop's equipment is placed, or the stone floor itself, I get the standard "Move: That Space is Currently Blocked Message."

When I say "click" i mean touch, as I have the iPad version. Perhaps this is a bug in the iPad version. I did read another post in these forums where the developer states that you can remove shops, but the instructions he provides cannot be reproduced on my iPad version.