Av2: Suicidal Mage

I have found where Sixus is hiding, but the problem is...once I get to him, he commits suicide. Is there any way to prevent this, or did I mess up royally somewhere?

Oh, there are also some questions on the side:

1. Where may I acquire an onyx scepter?

2a Which are stronger: Vampires or Liches?

2b Which are stronger: Drakes or Ice-Drake?

3. Where can I find the stolen Crystal Souls?

You kind of messed up. You really need to come in the back way, avoiding the main entrance to the Mages' Quarters. Secret passages, Move Mountains, and a puzzle are involved. Honestly, for a detailed walkthrough, I suggest you go HERE , or buy the A2 hintbook.

As for the other questions...

1. You need to go see Sulfras for the scepter. That's all I'm saying.

2a. Lichs, no contest.

2b. Come on, you can find something better than a drake/ice drake for a Soul Crystal, can't you?

3. That's a good third of the endgame, so it'd be wrong to spoil it. Go find them yourself. (Though I will say that the Olgai Council is a good place to start asking questions)

It doesn't really matter that much if Sixus kills himself. He'll burn the documents he ran off with first, and you'll still get experience if you report back to the mayor in Almaria.

As for your other questions, the Onyx Scepter can be gotten in the Lair of Sulfras in the Empire lands to the west of Fort Remote. You'll need blue and red clearance to get there. I don't know about vampires and liches, I always just cast Repel Spirit on both. I think ice drakes are stonger, but i could be wrong. One of the Crystal Souls can be reached from the northwestern Vahnatai Lands. You can get information about it from the rebel Vahnatai fortress in the northeast tunnels of the Vahnatai lands. Go see the Vahnatai council after finding the proof, and they'll tell you what to do. Another Crystal Soul can be found in Angierach, which is also in the Empire-controlled lands to the west of Fort Remote. You'll need to talk to Renatr-Ihrno, the Vahnatai in Egli, to find out how to make Quickfire to get the Crystal Soul in Angierach. The third Crystal Soul is in Pyrog's Lair, which is northwest of the Giant Lands up in Northern Avernum. You'll need the Orb of Thralni and a Gray Pass to get there.

Quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:
2b. Come on, you can find something better than a drake/ice drake for a Soul Crystal, can't you?
Wizards and Evil High Priests.

Say...speaking of things stronger than Drakes, would an Eyebeast be worthy of replacing any of these;

1. Drake
2. Evil High Priest
3. Wizard
4. Ice Drake

Let's see... topics about Soul Crystals (I seem to remember there being more):

HERE (Foley's Body was a bit arrogant about it)

HERE

HERE

More on topic, Wizards and Evil High Priests?! Surely you can do better! Gazers beat Eyebeasts, Ur-Basilisks beat any drake, Demons beat Evil High Priests, Mung Demons beat Wizards. Elder Aranea pack a punch early in the game (spell-wise), and Vampires can summon more Vampires which can summon more Vampires...

And in A3, Dark Wyrms are beyond evil.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally written by Slith Lord:
Get one of the Wyrms into your Soul Crystal and use it against it´s own kind. That´s a lot o´ fun! laughcool
Actually, they're fairly resistant to one another, so they just end up enfeebling each other. That doesn't affect their breath, so then they still mow down your PCs.

And why did this topic get revived?