This isn't a complete list since I haven't been able to determine what 5 of the 12 letter position are caused by in the game. I gave up after trying different dialogue options when you return to see Queen Sharyn, leaving different dragons alive, and favored nation status. I listed letters I've seen, but still don't know what they correspond to.

1st letter - unknown

- possible letters: a, b, c, e, f, g, k, l, o. p, q, e, x, y

2nd letter - Queen Sharyn's dialogue

- d return to Haven

- e leisure life

- f to serve

- g to lead afterwards

3rd letter - unknown

- possible letters:h, i, j, k, l

4th letter - unknown

- possible letters: f, n

5th letter - unknown

- possible letters n, p

6th letter - unknown

- possible letters: d, e, f, g, i, k, l, p, u, v, y

7th letter - Dreams in Nisse Refuges

- a is no dreams bought

- b is at least one dream

8th letter - Nisse reaction and deals

- a Calimity returns

- b take deal at the tower's bottom level

- c take wish for leisure life

- d take wish to serve 

- f take wish to lead

- g take wish for a century of control

- h Total victory

9th letter - Sutter's reaction to what you tell the Queen or dialogue with him

- b serve

- g takeover as leader

- h serve

- n ?

- q takeover

10th letter - Utak faction

- r Brokk

- s Borgen

11th letter - Ahriel faction

- o Trench Town

- p Blessed

12th letter - The Vol faction

- o Mascha

- n Owen

4 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

It seems that I've lost mine; I'll have to replay the game if I want to carry on the adventure.

I saved mine in a text file with a (basic) description of who I supported, what I did (as I had multiple games with testing) & then saved the text file into the QW folder so that I can find it/them again in a couple of years.

Too late for you this time around I realize, but for anyone who wanders into the thread before their endgame...

For the record, ladyonthemoon, you should be able to recover your code simply by playing through from your last autosave. That will likely place you a few minutes from the end, given all the travel that goes on in the endgame, so you'll only have to play the game for a few minutes, skipping through some dialogue, to recover its end state.

Why not do it now, and record the code for your later use as TriRodent suggests?

1 hour ago, TriRodent said:

Too late for you this time around I realize, but for anyone who wanders into the thread before their endgame...

26 minutes ago, Ess-Eschas said:

Why not do it now, and record the code for your later use as TriRodent suggests?

Thanks for your suggestions and encouragements! 😉

Actually, I was wrong, I haven't lost my code. It was in my save folder. My confusion came from the fact that I'm using Linux now and I played QW under Windows. When I want to save important things, I generally store them on an external drive but, this time, I forgot to do it. Since I had to start Windows 7 this morning, I found it. If  @Randomizer wants to give it a try, here it is:

1594389798.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone have theories on what the unknown letters might represent? Your various tracked reputations (like how nice vs brutal you are, how much your mom likes you, etc.) might be involved in some of those.

The 1st and 6th letters are especially interesting since they seem to have so many possibilities. I wonder if they correspond to something that has a wide range of possibilities, such as time passed.

They could also encode multiple variables.  Some of the other letters don't look like that at all, but it would explain why the 9th letter in particular has (1) such scattered letter options, and (2) multiple options for the same observed variable.

It could also just be Jeff screwing with us.  Putting in random letters that mean absolutely nothing.  On otherwise boring evenings he comes here, glass of carbonated adult beverage in hand, & cackles with evil glee over the various head scratching going on here trying to figure it out...