Mods for Geneforge 4 I Made(Built using TheKian's Artifact Mod)

Hi Spiderweb Software family,

I made a mod(I don't know if it's that good). I just changed things around a bit in the script to make the game a little more of a cruise(faster to play). It is a bit cheating in my opinion, so download the mod at your discretion and back up your files before downloading and copying over. The mods make the following modifications in the following scripts:

1. gf4itemschars.txt-
  • I made every item weightless(so you don't have to worry about encumbrance)
  • I made all PC's and creations' base walking speed 45, except the slimy crawler, and a couple other exceptions, so they walk faster
  • I kept TheKian's Artifact Weapon Mod(It makes your PC literally a God, but I like it)
  1. I modified some 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th tier creations' stats:
    • "Pyroroamer" has been changed to "Cryoroamer," which starts at a higher base level, has more spell energy, but less health, and it sprays ice instead of just doing melee; it will still explode with fire upon death(That's a dichotomy in itself! Fire upon death, but ice when attacking)
    • "Plated Clawbug" changed to "Assault Clawbug," which has 18 action points in total but reduced health by 100, and it's natural armor was increased by quite a bit to compensate
    • "Eyebeast" has the same name but it will inflict terror and damage upon touch, create a slowing, or temporal field area of effect attack normally(standard attack), and will occasionally strong daze an enemy(or all enemies in a certain (small)area?)
    • "Ornk" changed to "Ornk-Hybrid, which has same speed as all other creatures in the game, has far more health(almost drakon-health range!), drips poison upon biting, but has no ranged capabilities
    • "Cryodrayk" changed to "Terradrayk," which flings rocks(I don't know how, but I just thought of the concept!); its rocks deal very high damage since it's a higher-tier creation(4th-tier, technically); it has an earthy color, similar to a rogue thahd
    • "Gazer" has modified abilities, which include "Stunning sting, which shoots out rays upon touch(area of effect stun attack); "Gazer" now can also occasionally strong daze a single foe; "Gazer" still uses the regular "kill" magical-missile attack
    • "Exploding Kyshakk" changed to "Armageddon Kyshakk," which deals a great amount of area of effect lightning damage; it will still explode with lightning upon death
    • "Unstable Firebolt" changed to "Unstable Diamondbolt," which spits out a lance of diamond spray(I'm not sure if it generates 3 missiles or only 1); its other stats are all still the same

2. z25safehdlg.txt- When Khur joins your party, he will walk at the same speed as everyone else, which is 45 as the base walking speed; Join the rebels if you want Khur to join your party

3. z63poryphradlg.txt- Shotwell will walk at the same speed as you and others when she joins your party, that is, if you join the Shapers, or have a good reputation with them

That's it! I hope you all enjoy my mod! I made it in 2 hours or less, so it wasn't that hard to make. Enjoy!

Best,

Andrew

http://m.uploadedit.com/busd/1593813130461.txt

http://m.uploadedit.com/busd/1593813263297.txt

http://m.uploadedit.com/busd/1593813396537.txt

*Sorry, the text files are in random order, but they're legitimate and they're all in the links above! Enjoy! :)

Just to add,

Colors of the creatures are very interesting! I already made the changes; I'm just listing the color changes to the creations below:

CryoRoamer: Blue; Modding Code: cr_graphic_coloradj = 4(Blue);

Assault Clawbug: Rusty Red; Modding Code: cr_graphic_coloradj = 2(Red);

TerraDrayk: Dark Brown; Modding Code: cr_graphic_coloradj = 512(Dark brown or a darker version of the base color);

Feel free to change the colors as you wish! Check out TheKian's Modding Tutorial Ability/item script list for endless possibilities/combinations!

Thanks,

Andrew

Revision:

Oops, I made a mistake:

”Diamond spray” launches 3 lances in an attack.

”IceBreath” or “Kill” or “Shock ray(Wingbolt’s primary ranged attack)” does a single cold or energy/magic-based attack

So, the Unstable Diamondbolt can target multiple enemies at once for up to two times if they have closed in on their enemies a bit. They also still have the basic “poison bite” attack if they are cornered and are at point-blank range.

I'm adding a new list of creations I made: So please feel free to copy it over. Remember to back up your files when doing so just in case. Here are the new changes I made:

• "Plated Artila" modified to "Viperfang Artila," which has a strong venomous bite, but lost all ability to spit acid. To compensate, it has much higher health but reduced base level
  • Ornk-hybrid now has more health, because I found out that a drakon would outmatch it in a fight; plus, you get ornks late in-game, so this is a plus
  • "Charged Thahd" changed to "Agate-stone Thahd," which has a cool turquoise color. Agate-stone thahds drop crystalline chitin when killed and can wield sticks! It also is stealthy and can avoid unnecessary combat if sent to scout ahead.
  • "Battle Beta" changed to "Battle Omega," which can wield simple daggers naturally(already equipped), and has far more health than a battle beta; It also drops puresteel chitin when killed(hopefully you keep the alpha instead of letting it be killed!) and has reduced base level
  • "Ur-Glaahk" changed to "Shadow-Glaahk," which has almost perfect stealth and can scout ahead with no casualties whatsoever; can deal curse damage upon attacking an enemy via melee; reduced base level and it looks like a glaahk shade!
  • "Terradrayk" has increased intelligence and a little bit extra quick action
  • "Rotdhizon" changed to "Succor-Rot," which heals upon touch(it's meant to be a buffing creation than an offensive creation); it can also throw up globs of acid at its enemies; has a little bit less health than a rotdhizon, and a lower base level; upon death, it will wash away your party's impurities(i.e. it will clear away poison, acid, curses, stuns, and other maladies etc etc)
  • "Shock Trall" changed to "UmberTrall," which has near perfect fire resistance, moderately high stun resistance, and throws a really nice punch; however, it's quite dumb and only knows how to do melee attacks(no ranged attack); it has more health than a shock trall

*Other Changes: Beware of angering townspeople! They now have sword attacks and can deal more damage than a golem can! However, there other stats are still the same. Townspeople are more paranoid in the game, but only if you threaten them first(Like if you commit a lot of crimes or steal a lot of stuff). Townspeople are more prone to anger and once threatened will hunt you down with determination(They will not flee at low health like they used to).

*I also modded gf4objsmisc.txt: 

• Healing Spells now scale with the player's intelligence stat
  • Blessing Magic Spells now scale with the player's leadership skills(Because when you're diplomatic and can negotiate, you inspire your comrades! Just a concept...)
  • Lower-level healing spells now cost far less essence and less energy(minimum is 1 essence and 3-15 energy, and lower-level spells that a warrior really needs for buffing and healing cost 0 essence, like minor heal or war blessing); lower-level blessing and mental-magic spells also cost less energy and essence
  • Eating food now heals a lot, lot more

I'm not really sure how to make electric fields do less damage; I read up on changing the "stuff done flag", but I haven't attempted it for fear of corrupting the .txt file.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the modifications I made!

Best,

Andrew

http://m.uploadedit.com/busd/1593875586799.txt

http://m.uploadedit.com/busd/1593875647807.txt

*The first file is gf4itemschars.txt, the second one is gf4objsmisc.txt.

Careful! Don't download the files yet! I still need to make some fixes. Apparently, in the game(Geneforge 4), it says "error loading script code: missing semicolon in line 5175."  Anyone know how to fix this? Sorry! I'm just beginning to get into modding. Any suggestion is highly welcome and appreciated! Thanks!

Keep in mind that TheKian has also made a tool that allows you to make new zones for GF5. 
I am using it these days for a mod I am (slowly) making. I think (not sure) that the tool COULD be used for GF4 or partially used at least. Contact him if you want. We would certainly appreciate more modders. 

About that tool, modding suite for GF5, it is quite easy to use with a little practice. 

I have used a previous version of that tool to make a new zone for my warrior mod in GF5. 

Thank you so much, alhoon! Modding is so interesting and I am looking into it! I will ask TheKian as suggested if the modding suite for GF5 works for GF4. I might also just try the modding suite to see if it works because G4 is very similar to G5, since they are 2 years apart in development. Thank you!

Also, it turns out the next-tier level of a thahd is "Unstable Thahd" not "Charged Thahd." I'll keep the "Agate-Stone Thahd," and then change the "Unstable Thahd" to "Elemental-Rune Thahd." Thank you everyone! Don't forget to back up files before copying over! Just a reminder. Thanks.

The Elemental-Rune Thahd is, as you may guess, moderately resistant to most elements, and can be somewhat tanky(though less tanky than an unstable thahd). The Elemental-Rune Thahd also is a bit sneaky and can evade detection from rogues. Of course, if you send it into a pack of rogues, it will most likely get spotted. The Elemental-Rune Thahd is a good co-front-line warrior and can shield your creations from a lot of damage. Here are its resistances:

70% Energy resistance

70% Fire resistance

70% Cold resistance

70% Acid resistance

70% Poison resistance

3 %Dexterity stat bonus

8% Melee resistance

15% Missile resistance

Downsides to the Elemental-Rune Thahd include extremely low health points(I put 25 but you can always put more), so it is best accompanied by a warrior PC that can fight in melee alongside it, or even a melee-oriented shock-trooper. I had warrior-based characters in mind when making this creation, so it's okay if it doesn't suit your preference. This creation is also best used against magic and fire creations because it would take dramatically less damage(way, way less). This creation also has a very low base level to balance it out, but it won't deteriorate over time, like the unstable thahd would. If you have suggestions for balancing this thahd out, please let me know! Thanks! I'm sure you'll like it!

http://m.uploadedit.com/busd/1593883231530.txt

Hi alhoon,

Thank you. My only question is how would I go about editing the script? I have read up on it, but so far, I'm probably sticking with spell and creation modifications. Any suggestions are welcome. The dialogue might be easier, though, but there is a limit to how big a text file is, like you've mentioned in another post.

Dialogue is MUCH easier, but there are some pitfalls that you should be aware of. 

First, HERE is a thread about modding from TheKian: http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/topic/24432-thekians-geneforge-modding-tutorial/?tab=comments#comment-303254

And HERE's is a thread from me although it's for people with some experience: http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/topic/23635-scripting-and-modding-gf5/?tab=comments#comment-295567

Hi alhoon,

I just gave TheKian's modding suite for G5 a try. It turns out it doesn't work . I run the .bat file and I enter the file directory for G4 and it doesn't recognize it. I did message TheKian, so I am looking forward to hearing from him. Thank you for bringing up this suggestion, though, alhoon! :)

I have a question: Is it possible to mod creations so that they don't decay or is that not possible? For example, I'm trying to make the "Elemental-Rune Thahd," which I made from the "Unstable Thahd" not decay unless it's killed. I can't find anything in the gf4itemschars text file that allows you to let a creation live indefinitely until it gets killed by someone or something. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you!

On 7/4/2020 at 12:41 PM, Wizardman468 said:

Hi alhoon,

I just gave TheKian's modding suite for G5 a try. It turns out it doesn't work . I run the .bat file and I enter the file directory for G4 and it doesn't recognize it. I did message TheKian, so I am looking forward to hearing from him. Thank you for bringing up this suggestion, though, alhoon! :)

The modding suite depends on files from Geneforge 5 for the graphics. It actually loads them directly from the Geneforge 5 directory, so the modding suite will die if it doesn't have a valid Geneforge 5 executable fed to it (partly to make sure that people actually have the game, especially if I want to add any testing features or executable modification capabilities).

2 hours ago, Wizardman468 said:

I have a question: Is it possible to mod creations so that they don't decay or is that not possible? For example, I'm trying to make the "Elemental-Rune Thahd," which I made from the "Unstable Thahd" not decay unless it's killed. I can't find anything in the gf4itemschars text file that allows you to let a creation live indefinitely until it gets killed by someone or something. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you!

So far as I know, decaying creations are hardcoded into the game, as are a number of other features it would be nice to be able to change. Best you can do is modify a non-decaying creature that is almost never used (like the exploding roamer, or plated artila).

By the way, it's best to just edit addendums into your latest post rather than making several posts in a row. While the mods are generally fairly 'chill' (as the kiddos call it), they might not look too kindly on posting several comments right after each other.