Avadon: The Black Fortress HD restoring save games after updating to iPadOS 13.5.1

Max_

Hello,

To my horror, after updating my iPad to iPadOS 13.5.1 yesterday, none of my Avadon: The Black Fortress HD (version 1.2) saved games appeared in the Load Game menu.

I found this handy link that describes how to view your saved games in the file sharing tab in iTunes:

https://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/avadon/techsupp.html#iPadSaveFiles

When I connect my iPad in iTunes and pull up Avadon on the file sharing tab, I do not see that save files are inside a folder called "Spiderweb Software" as described on that page.  Instead, I see this list of files in the 'root directory' on the right side:
Save0data

Save0header

Save0items

Save0journal

Save19data

Save19header

Save19items

Save19journal

Save20data

Save20header

Save20items

Save20journal

GwCfb1A.png

This gives me hope that my saves still exist!  Unfortunately, something seems to have changed with the update that prevents the app from seeing them.  I tried copying those files onto my computer into a folder called "Spiderweb Software" and then copying that file back onto the iPad, but the save files still do not appear in the "Load Game" menu.

I suspect the iPadOS update changed something about where apps store data or some kind of nonsense like that.  Is there anyway to make my old saves playable again?

Thank you,

Max

Edited by Max_
Added parenthetical version to first mention of Avadon game

Hello Max_,

Given that this problem is the result of a recent update, I think it’s important that you send a report about this straight to the game developer. While it’s possible you’re experiencing an isolated problem, it’s best to be prepared just in case this turns out to be affecting others too!

Just send a quick email about this issue to the address below, including all the helpful information you gave in this post:

support@spiderwebsoftware.com

With luck, they’ll be able to figure out what’s wrong, and advise you on how to fix the issue!