Exile - Crystal Souls

EddR

I am in the Quest, "Destroy the Empire Teleporter".  I have completed all the requirements except to activate  the "Demi-Portal" and the final requirement.  I have read the instructions, but I cannot find the place to activate.  Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Hello eddr2504,

If I understand you correctly, you’re looking for the place where your party can activate the Empire’s portal from inside Portal Fortress. To do that, you need to enter the control tower. You can find this tower in the large courtyard at the north end of the fortress – it’s on the western side. Alternatively, search for these coordinates (you can find your party’s own coordinates using the ‘Location’ spell):

x = 12, y = 18

In the control tower, you will find the control panels that activate the portal. If you’ve found the instructions, you’ll know what to do with them.

Be sure to save your game before opening the portal, and keep a backup save at that point. Activating the portal starts a series of events that, if you’ve not fully prepared beforehand, can get the party into a difficult situation.

Incidentally, it’s actually worth failing the portal mission just once. There’s an interesting ending associated with it. Try opening the portal all the way – you’ll know when that happens – and then leave Portal Fortress. The game will end, and your party will perish, but how that actually happens is worth reading about!