River and Leaf Graphics for MAC

ginger8445

Quote:
Originally written by Ishad Nha:
I didn't port the graphics so I have no idea what has happened. It sounds like yet another reason to switch Mac graphics to some more sensible format like bitmap. I won't even be able to examine the graphics on my Windows XP computer.
Or you could step up and accept the basic responsibilities of releasing a scenario. Seriously, man. Just whining about the inconvenience or why all of Blades should switch formats is unhelpful.

(I'd convert the things myself, but it's 3am where I am and I shouldn't even be awake anymore)

You're both right: cmg is a bizarre and useless file format, and complaining about it will accomplish nothing. As for helping ginger: you might try re-downloading the scenario. It's possible (likely) that something got corrupted in the process. If that doesn't help, post here again, and I'll reconvert the graphics myself.

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem here: many graphics are invisible, and the party annoyingly slows down in certain places.

Three times I tried to re-download - but the same error occurred again.

I'm on Mac OS 10.3.9, and my Stuffit Expander is version 10.0.2.

What can I do to fix it? I'd really like to play River&Leaf "_"

Yeah, it's most definitely that the graphics haven't been ported/have been ported incorrectly/Stuffit messed up the .cmg file. If re-downloading doesn't work, you could always download the PC version of the scenario and run it through Niemand's Graphics Adjuster.

And, as an aside Ishad Nha, as the designer, it's sorta your responsibilty to make sure graphics get ported. Sometimes things go bad, yes, but wiping your hands of it is a bit unneccessary.

To convert the files from the PC format to Mac format using Graphic Adjuster, get the PC version of the scenario which contains all of the graphics as bitmaps. THen, in Graphic Adjuster, use the FIle > New command to create a blank document, and then the File > Import Sheets command (selecting the directory containing the Windows version's bitmaps) to read in all of the graphics. Then save the file with the same name as the .bas file for River and Leaf, but with the extension .cmg .

woah! what bright colours, sparkling waters and sudden mountains have materialized from the black void!

Thank you for the idiot-safe description, Niemand; I'm awful with new programms y_y

at Tyranicus: if it is the Riveleaf.cmg file (with all the graphics on one sheet) you require I gladly would send it. I'd need your address then.

Nikk's point stands. We know you can't port the graphics yourself, but you can make certain that you have a Mac user make a working copy for you.

One point to keep in mind is that I have occasionally seen copies of Stuffit Expander seem to go bad and begin to consistently fail to reconstruct resource forks. I can't imagine why this happens, but it seems to be a real effect, best worked around by having the affected user create his own Mac graphics files from the Windows one. ONe of these days I'll get around to adding help to Graphic Adjuster to make this easier for people who haven't seen the program before.