Geneforge 4 Wingbolts Bugged

Something is seriously up with the wingbolts in my game. From the moment they appear in Burwood, they have 2685 health. Vastly more than any other enemy in that area. In the event where the Shaper creations attack the rebel fort, all of the rebel NPCs, inlcuding the drayk, have a 0% chance of hitting the wingbolts that are part of the raid. This is on easy mode. What the hell gives? Are their levels bugged, or are they seriously this badly designed? I literally can't kill them. They two-shot my cryodrayks and one-shot me. I was able to handle the combat just fine on normal difficulty until I reached this area.

Edited by WingboltsSuck

Wingbolts are seriously nasty creations from having higher health and nasty range attacks. I don't remember them being that hard to hit, but it has been a long time since I played that game. From what I remember, you want to have a few high tier magic creations that are relatively immune to their attacks to draw attacks away from you. Basically your magic creations and the wingbolts just trade shots until you can kill them with other damage types.

Looking back at the discussions about creations, wingbolts were considered tough because they do more damage per attack and have high resistances. Using a kyshakk for defense is a good bet even though it doesn't do as much damage per round. Just spine shield it and heal it as a way to deal with other hostile creations.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Although it may be too late. :)

1 hour ago, Randomizer said:

Wingbolts are seriously nasty creations from having higher health and nasty range attacks. I don't remember them being that hard to hit, but it has been a long time since I played that game. From what I remember, you want to have a few high tier magic creations that are relatively immune to their attacks to draw attacks away from you. Basically your magic creations and the wingbolts just trade shots until you can kill them with other damage types.

Looking back at the discussions about creations, wingbolts were considered tough because they do more damage per attack and have high resistances. Using a kyshakk for defense is a good bet even though it doesn't do as much damage per round. Just spine shield it and heal it as a way to deal with other hostile creations.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Although it may be too late. :)

I made the terrible decision of going  for a limited canister run, so my creation options are pretty limited. I might be able to hunt down a kyshakk or wingbolt canister.

1 hour ago, alhoon said:

There's certainly something wrong with 3000 hp Wingbolts. Yes, they are powerful but they are not that tough. 

PS. Cryodrayks? I am not sure they're worth the cost. 

PPS. Welcome and stay strong for the Rebellion. 

I'm not sure what could have gone wrong to cause them to spawn at  such a high level. I started on normal and switched to easy. Not sure besides that.