Murkhala Mystery

Lucidus

I am playing the game for a second time, to experience the results of making different choices, and I have tun into an odd situation. I have killed the Nagas in the first 3 buildings in Murkhala, but when I enter the final building, in the NW corner of the map I cannot trigger the encounter. I get a message that I don't have sufficient will power to see through the illusions, and if I leave the building and re-enter, the spacious hall has been replaced by a small shack and the good loot is gone. This didn't happen the first time through, and I'm not sure what it is that my party is lacking. Does anyone know what the game is looking for?

I have cleared many times this zone in two steps(mainly because I did not check the last building with my first party and after, with a singleton, ...) and when I went back to the fort, I get a second quest saying that I must investigate the zone near Murkhala as something odd is still happening here... So I supposed that doing it in two steps was the normal way to do it:-)