Impact of taking the Vol Contract

DanNeely

Will taking the contract poison my relations with the Owen forcing me to back the Mascha?

I want to smash the sanctimonious slave holding bastards; and the idea of taking their money and using it to support my efforts to overthrow them fuels my spiteful irony.  I'm only planning a single playthrough though and don't want to blow up my long term plans for what's arguably a cheesy exploit if it won't work.

I don't remember what contract you're referring to.

There's one where you get an agreement with the Mascha at their capital city. You agree to terms and agree to fight on their side and make a contract with them.

There's something else where you can reap profits from an organization that buys and sells Owen. 

There's also an agreement to trade with the main Vol cities.

I first took the agreement with the Mascha and told them I'd side with them, but then sided with the Owen anyway. I don't know if that damages your reputation or not. I also agreed to trade with the main Vol cities. 

The Vol Contract lowers your reputation with the Owens. Even talking about it without outright rejecting it will lower it, but not as much. However the money is good and comes at a good time when you need it. You also can't get the Contract unless your reputation is more Mascha than Owen.

You can still get the Owens to sign with you, however you will have to do some things to regain their trust like clear Drowning Gaol.

8 hours ago, Clintone said:

I don't remember what contract you're referring to.

There's one where you get an agreement with the Mascha at their capital city. You agree to terms and agree to fight on their side and make a contract with them.

There's something else where you can reap profits from an organization that buys and sells Owen. 

There's also an agreement to trade with the main Vol cities.

I first took the agreement with the Mascha and told them I'd side with them, but then sided with the Owen anyway. I don't know if that damages your reputation or not. I also agreed to trade with the main Vol cities. 

I meant the one with the organization that buys and sells Owen.  I hadn't gotten far enough to realize there was more than one.