Slime colours

Hello Chopkinsca,

I'm afraid that I'm a little confused by your comment here. Most of the slimes in this game share the same coloration as the previous Avernum 3, so you shouldn't be seeing so much green. However, it's entirely possible I'm missing something obvious! So, to clarify, which slimes in particular are you referring to?

If you're talking about the Krizsan Slimes, take a look at this video below. Do the slimes in your game look like the slimes in this playthrough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxz6xK1divo&feature=youtu.be&t=876

If they don't, something strange might be going on with your display.

It's very possible to change the colour of any character sprite in this game, and it's quite easily. If you could give me a little clarification on what you're looking for, I should be able to help you!

Okay, this is really weird then. In game, all those slimes are the same green colour and I am indeed talking about the Krizsan slims. In the game folders, sprite sheets G1890.png to G1896.png are all green. I'm running the Steam version and it is version 103. I just tried validating the files and that went fine.

Edit: Oh, I figured it out. I had one of the graphics settings set to "don't draw". Setting it to draw all gives me nice and colourful slimes. Too bad I'm done with the slimes now though.

Edited by Chopkinsca

Ah, that makes sense! Thanks for letting us know how you solved the problem!

Just to explain a little, this worked because the colours are applied to the different slimes when you're playing the game. This is why the slimes in your graphics files are all green – tints are added to them when they appear on your screen! This tinting effect can be turned off, along with other graphical niceties, which is what that little graphics setting was doing.

It's still worth having it turned on, though! While you might not see many of the rainbow slimes in the future, there are a bunch of enemies in this game that use the tinting effect. Your game will be much more colourful now!

Ah yep, I thought maybe the game was applying the colours to the base green sprites, so that's why changing that setting came to mind. The game looks so much nicer now too! I don't know how I managed to get this far playing these games with that setting turned down.

Edited by Chopkinsca