Hintbook Errors

ZorroDragonslayer

The first time I encountered this stuation at Thabhlen Pass I thought I had done something wrong but on another run I followed the hintbook step by step exactly and had the same problem. Following the sequence of events in the book, the map shows a chest located at "C" where you can pick up some long strips of cloth. On the face of it, this turned out to be not true for a long time through waves and waves of attackers. I eventually gave up on the trunk and went eastward to the next room in the sequence. There I discovered pots of oil that I looked into that had potential as a fuel. These pots are not listed in the book in the sequence or on the map. I then went backward to the previous area and again rechecked the trunk for strips of cloth and sure enough they were there for me to take. Proceeding eastward to the other pots listed as point "D" on the map, I ignited them using the strips. The rest of the sequence is accurate. i still appreciate the hintbook!

• 2 weeks later...

More info on another playthrough. Same situation as above. There is another set of pots of oil upstairs near the guards, after the steps at point A on the map and before you step through the gates of the restricted area of point B. These pots aren't mention in the instructions but if you look into them you will get the cloth in the chest marked at point C on the first try.